Tilorien Monastery: we continue building

As the old thread has become a bit long, I’ve started a new one here.
Yesterday we had a lovely day with building a wooden kuti, Dhamma reflection and meditation groupsit with our regular group.

25 Likes

Looking good! Are you able to insulate that type of cabin kit?

5 Likes

Cool! Waterfront property! :crazy_face:

6 Likes

We will do with 25cm of rockwool so it will become a bit smaller inside but will keep it nice and warm in winter (we hope). It can freeze her up to -20C.

More like ice-front at the moment :snowflake:

6 Likes

Those rockwool sheep are very hard to shear without some serious power tools. :grin::ram:

1 Like

Today, solar panels have been installed on the roof.
These should give us enough electricity for the next 25 years!

But please don’t try to do this yourself!!!

15 Likes

Okay, I’m trying it … but on a slightly lower roof!

13 Likes

Well, the solar panels are definately working: our electricity meter is running backwards!

Of course that we have sun at all half february is rather extraordinary for the time of year. It should be freezing with lots of snow right now. Yet it is warm enough to work outside in a t-shirt.
The other day the geese-migration came over on their way to Scandinavia, also much too early.

11 Likes

Anagarika Sabbamitta came to help out with the kuti roof. With her help we finally managed to finish it!

16 Likes

And I’m sure it’s 100% waterproof now! :umbrella: :wink:

13 Likes

It looks lovely. May everyone who resides in it, find liberation and freedom from suffering :anjal:

14 Likes

This is sort of what I saw from my roof window last night.
(This picture was taken from the internet).

10 Likes

The 8m2 basement “kuti” for Ayya Vimala is finally ready. With a big screen for working on SuttaCentral.

The Monastery cat Bolleke selecting which Dhamma book to read today:

And we have a new guest: our very own Aminah!

17 Likes

Wishing you a very good time at Tilorien, @Aminah, and hoping I’ll make it to meet you there! :heart:

14 Likes

Yikes! What interesting creatures you’ve allowed to visit; I’m sure those two-legged and four-legged beings are very happy.

Much thanks Ang. @sabbamitta, likewise, it would be so lovely to meet you again.

13 Likes

The monastery is looking great! Congratulations for your hard work, determination and substantial building skills!

It’s wonderful to see so many visitors coming and benefiting from all your efforts and the kindness of your supporters.

With best wishes for a flourishing Tilorien!

13 Likes

Please stroke the cat for me!

8 Likes

Oh the cats don’t easily allow anybody to stroke them…

7 Likes

:sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

7 Likes

Oh so sad to see you cry! You have to come and feed them regularly for a while, and then maybe Bolleke would allow, but the other one still not.

7 Likes