Tilorien Monastery: we continue building

:sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

7 Likes

Oh so sad to see you cry! You have to come and feed them regularly for a while, and then maybe Bolleke would allow, but the other one still not.

7 Likes

Monastery kitties! And books! And Aminah! :heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes_cat:

13 Likes

I don’t have any photographic evidence, so you’ll just have to trust my commitment to the precepts, but I can report that one of the cats got a stroke from me. There wasn’t even any bribery with food involved. Dedicated to Ven. @Akaliko.

11 Likes

Thanks @Aminah! :heart_eyes_cat:

8 Likes

Well the gods truly are shining upon me; I don’t have any photographic evidence, so you’ll just have to trust my commitment to the precepts, but I can report that this morning all the books got a stroke from me. There wasn’t even any bribery with food involved. Dedicated to Sr. @Nadine.

7 Likes

@Nadine, myself, Ven. @Akaliko and most importantly Stan the Monastery Cat, will be in Buddhist Insight New York in May (13-20 for me, a few days longer for Ven. Akaliko) so please come and visit!

And don’t let @Aminah fool you: she is great buddies with the cat now: she sat in front of her window last night begging to be let in!

12 Likes

Sorry; was that the cat :cat2: or @Aminah ?

9 Likes

:rofl: Thank goodness! People don’t often realize how much affection books need to maintain a healthy outlook.

Oooooh! That sounds wonderful. :pray:

8 Likes

Aminah is doing a great job at the wall of the kuti.

While Wolleke is meditating:

18 Likes

Aminah’s good when she has a hammer :hammer: to hand

6 Likes

Yeah, it’s a real pain because it means I have to carry around a hammer at all times in effort to make sure I don’t jeopardize the beauty of the assembly… otherwise :smiling_imp::anguished:

https://suttacentral.net/an4.211/en/sujato

8 Likes

Sneaking up on Aminah while she is doing the hard work in the garden!
(for any pictures of cats, I refer to @Aminah).

13 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Buddha Cats :cat:

16 posts were split to a new topic: Buddha Cats :cat:

Some new pics …

With Anagarika Sabbamitta (which shows the horrible quality of my phone’s camera!!!):

13 Likes

Can’t get rid of the cats that easily!!!

Metta is an essential building block of any worthwhile monastery. Plenty here! :smile:

12 Likes

Just when I was about to say, “Ah, no cats.”

8 Likes

Suffering, suffering, suffering!

8 Likes

Checking out the Huy Tibetan center as a potential retreat place for the visits of Bhante Sujato and Ajahn Brahmali. It is a beautiful place with many excellent facilties.

And just when I thought I could stay out of the pictures by making them:

13 Likes