It seems to me that there are five major types of discussion that take place here on D&D
- those among IT nerds on how to develop the features of Sutta Central Sadhu!
- those between professional translators on difficult/subtle points of translation in the EBTs Sadhu!
- those been interested parties who want to investigate their own and each others understandings of specific points in the EBTS May these help increase your understandings and support your practice!
- questions asked to the experts by beginner learners of Pali Thank you for answering!
- those that seek to relate contents of the EBTs to our individual lives and meditation practices Thank you!
After a little time reading generally in the forum, it becomes easier to select and contribute to the threads that are relevant to oneself. (For me it is 4&5.)
@karl_lew: last night I happened to be reading chapter 4 of Kittisaro & Thanissara’s Listening to the Heart. It contains a description of the Five Jhana Factors that explains how V&V fits into a regular mediation practice that I think might interest you.
(Tho it doesn’t address the issues of translation and interpretation that are being debated in this and related threads on D&D.)