Vale and Thank you, to exModerator Nadine

A day or two ago, after more than three years of service, our most experienced moderator quietly took off her title and laid down her shield.

May she find deep peace of mind.

Nadine was in the group of moderators who welcomed me to the team and patiently inducted me into the ways of modthink and modspeak. She was generous with modforgiveness and modguidance. There were a couple of times when she and I found ourselves paddling the Mod Canoe with just one paddle each. At these times she worked much harder and longer than she really wished to. I honour that, and thank her for the boatloads of support she has given me and the other moderators.

She will be missed by the whole mod group. We do look forward to her continued presence on the Forum.

:pray:

I’m sure other people have words to add. :slight_smile:

32 Likes

Thank you @Nadine for all your selfless service to our community! Great appreciation for all you have done in his role, and your assistance to new moderators, too.

Sending all the good vibes and many blessings.
:sunny::rose::mushroom::rainbow::tulip::blossom::deciduous_tree::star2::stars::cake::boom::sunflower::heart::revolving_hearts::sparkles::100::star::maple_leaf::blossom::shamrock::herb::hibiscus::tulip:🪵:zap::panda_face::apple::grapes::lobster::tomato::waffle:🦭:parrot:

:pray::pray::pray:

15 Likes

Well said Gillian! I completely echo all your sentiments and wishes.

Dear Nadine, Wishing you peace and happiness well secluded from that Mod role :pray: :slight_smile:. I know it took a toll, and a lot of sacrifice. The forum has had it’s periods of difficulty and stress. Sadhu and Anumodana for your dedicated service to the community, to myself and to all the Mod team .

May you be happy and well, and enjoy the lightness after shedding this burden.

:butterfly: :sunflower: :sparkling_heart: :rainbow:

14 Likes

Sadly Nadine left too soon for my liking as I only recently joined :weary:, but she deserves a break after devoting so much energy and effort in moderating this forum. I learned a lot ( and still am ) But now you can take a back seat and enjoy the forum without the housekeeping and maintaining a security detail. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
But Un-Officially ( or officially too😉), she is
Moderator Emeritus :medal_military::scroll:
Thank you for your service to the Dhamma :pray:t4::pray:t4: :pray:t4:

15 Likes

She joins a fine team of Moderators Emerita.

16 Likes

Thank you Nadine for always being there for us! May you experience the bliss that comes from letting go. :sunflower: :pray: :green_heart: :tiger: :tulip: :rose: :four_leaf_clover:

14 Likes

Dear Nadine, you have been a voice of wisdom and clarity, and for many, the literal voice of SuttaCentral on our video. Thank you for everything.

15 Likes

Video? What video? Where?

8 Likes

On the SC Homepage:

14 Likes

:cry: Oh shucks, they just grow up and fly the nest so fast!

Nadine, it was truly such a privilege to work with you way back in the olden days and get to directly admire the beautiful qualities you brought to both the job at hand, as well as fellowship in the Dhamma. Thank you so much for all you’ve given in both respects.

Boundless happiness to you.

12 Likes

Well, there goes the plan to slip quietly away. :rofl:

I appreciate all the kind comments!

Thank you for all your support over the course of my tenure: @Cara, @anon29387788, @Vimala, @Aminah, @Pasanna,

(End of Part 1 because Discourse won’t let me tag more than 10 people)

19 Likes

Part 2

@Viveka, @Gillian, @Erika_ODonnell, @Ficus, @faujidoc1, @musiko, and, of course, @sujato.

Maintaining a wholesome community dedicated to the understanding of the Early Buddhist Texts and how we engage with them in our times is a group effort. That group includes all forum members who engage with each other with respect and compassion, so thank you for making the community a welcoming space on the internet.

:sunflower:

15 Likes

The video is broken?

2 Likes

Is it? I just copied it … but I can see, and hear it just fine.

2 Likes

Dearest Nadine! Thank you for being such a wonderful moderator! Three years is an incredible amount of time in the mod world to offer your service and generosity, and it’s hard to encounter such a wise and generous person in this life! Sadhu, sadhu, sadhu!

11 Likes

I get a broken link unhappy face on the SC site.

2 Likes

What a lovely, strong, perfect voice and tone for SC’s video.

8 Likes

Thanks so much, Nadine, for your generous and kind services here. I wish you all the very best in the Dhamma.

Much metta from Perth.

6 Likes

Sadhu Anumodana to Moderator Nadine When I first came upon the SC homepage, I too was drawn to the kind , inviting and calming video which led me to the treasures of the Dhammavinaya at SC and to return over and over again. May you be well and happy always.

7 Likes

Thanks for all your service. It was a pleasure to share the mod-seat with you for a while.

4 Likes