Weekly meditation group sit at Tilorien Monastery

From 10th of November 2018 onward Tilorien Monastery will have a meditation group sit every Saturday evening at 6pm that is open to the public.

If you arrive at 5.30pm, you can have tea and a chat with the monastics. If you plan to attend for the first time, please send us an email beforehand to check for any changes in the schedule.

14 Likes

:crying_cat_face: … I know it’s wonderful news really, but it would be even better news if it came with free teleportation.

All the same, it is most utterly brilliant.
:anjal:

12 Likes

Free teleportation—that’s simply a technical feature. It shouldn’t be too difficult for the fabulous developers here on SC to make this possible in the foreseeable future… i.e. before next Saturday! :rofl: :joy: :wink:

6 Likes

:pray: :pray: :pray:

When is the next flight to Belgium? :blush:

6 Likes

:joy: :rofl: :joy:

A flight from where?

This just reminds me a friend who wanted to come to the Open Day and got lost. He called me, "I am here now, in Belgium, but I can’t find the address… "! :laughing: :laughing:

7 Likes

"Your sramanas say that a person who has attained arhathood flies to the seventh heaven of Brahman as quickly as one could extend forth his bent arm or have it bend back again.
These words I could not believe.
How could he go thousands and thousands of li so fast.”
Nāgasena asked the king: “Great king, in which country were you born?”
“I was born in the kingdom of Yonaka, in a country named Alasanda.”
“How many li is it from here to Alasanda?”
“It is about two thousand yojana, equal to eight thousand li.”
“Do you think of your country which is far away from here?”
“Yes, I always think of things in my country.”
“Great king, try to recollect any business you once did in your country … have you done so?”
“Yes, I have done so.”
“So quick it is, great king, that you have gone and returned a distance of about eighty thousand li.”
“Excellent, Nāgasena.”

https://suttacentral.net/t1670b2.64/en/guang

:anjal:

6 Likes