We're setting up a bhikkhuni monastery! Mettarama Nuns' Monastery Vision Day, Sat Aug 21, 2021

I have some very exciting news to share about our monastery, Mettarama in Sydney. mettarama.org. :grinning:

Bhante @sujato , myself and Tina Ng and team of the Metta Centre/Mettarama working group have been cooking this up for some time nowā€¦now itā€™s official! Weā€™re developing an urban bhikkhuni monastery in Sydney & weā€™re getting together on Zoom, Saturday August 21st 9:00am-10:30am, to talk about it (Bhante Sujato and myself will be presenting, too).

We would love for you to join us for this historical eventā€¦now is the time to bring all your ideas and questions about this project as we work toward a long-term vision. But please remember to REGISTER via the link, as Metta Centre events can attract a crowd.

https://www.mettacentre.com/event/mettarama-vision-day/

We invite you to be a part of this monastery and a movement to support the full participation of Buddhist nuns in practicing and sharing the Buddhaā€™s teachings. Through this Mettarama Vision Day, we are inviting all sections of our community, monastic and lay, to bring your ideas and energy to discuss about our collective mission and plan for Mettārāma. All are welcome to participate: Letā€™s work for the Buddhaā€™s mission together!

42 Likes

Felicitations Ayya! Nice to see another Saį¹‡gha Ārāma popping up in Auz, all the more mudita as it is for the newly budding Bhikkuni Saį¹‡gha, may your efforts and the community there meet with much success and may the Sangha abide in comfort for many generations to come, puƱƱā kiriyesu paį¹‡įøitā peyyavācā dānaƱca sammacariyaƱca metta cittaƱca bhavaye

11 Likes

Hi Ayya,
Thatā€™s such exciting news. Good luck with the project! :heart:
May it be of benefit to all beings everywhere!

14 Likes

wonderful
this news makes me happy
jack

6 Likes

Welcome to D&D Jack!:pray:t4::bouquet:

4 Likes

Much metta and merit to you and all who are behind this effort! There will never be enough bhikkhuni monasteries in the world.

4 Likes

thank you & greetings ficus religiosa

3 Likes

Hope to join, virtually! Sadhu, sadhu, sadhu!

3 Likes