What is the difference?

1.TH BUDT SOC OF WA INC NOLLAMARA
2.SUTTACENTRALDONATION HORNSBY WESTF

I have copied and pasted the above two payment slips from my Credit Card statement. I know that the second is the donation to Sutta Central. I was making my tiny donation to the first one until I started the second donation. I was under impression that it (first one) was Sutta Central but since my CC statement shows two different narratives, I am confused as to what the Buddhist society of WA INC is.
Appreciate if someone can clarify.
Thanks in advance.
With Metta

The Buddhist Society of Western Australia is a non-profit organisation with the aim of helping people to learn the teachings of Buddhism and to see them in practice in their own lives.
The Buddhist Society of Western Australia has grown into an organisation with many parts.
There is the Dhammaloka city centre in Nollamara which holds regular services including meditation, dhamma talks and Buddhist ceremonies.
The Armadale meditation group meets every Tuesday evening in Armadale Hospital to practice meditation.
Lay people may also visit the monasteries. Bodhinyana Monastery in Serpentine is the largest Buddhist monastery in terms of ordained monks in Australia, and Dhammasara Monastery in Gidgegannup is the largest Theravadan nuns monastery in Australia.
People can visit these monasteries daily to offer food (dana) to the monks and nuns.
There is also Jhana Grove Retreat Centre where people can deepen their practice of meditation over a more extended period.
All of these facilities and the people who run them are established to help people to practice the Eightfold Path taught by the Buddha some 2600 years ago.

:anjal:

4 Likes