Where to buy Vimuttimagga in paper version?

Yes, it came, though for those who want it quickly, perhaps do not choose the “sea mail” option :slight_smile: . I originally ordered it around late October or early November. It eventually arrived around early February (about 3 months).

It comes in two rather solid and well-put-together volumes (I took two images with my phone and have attached to give an idea). Each maybe similar in weight to one of the Wisdom Pali Canon volumes (over 500 pages in the first and around 400 in the second). There’s an intro of over 100 pages and more than 100 pages at the end of the second volume with appendices (including translations of parts found elsewhere; the first appendix is from a Tibetan source). For the scholars, there are plenty of footnotes also (I’d say a third to a half of the main text sections), often focusing on the relevant Pali or Chinese. Those mostly go over my head (I have neither Pali nor Chinese :slight_smile: ).

I was getting to the stage where I wanted to read one or other of the Vimuttimagga or Visuddhimagga (had heard in the past about the ongoing translation of the former) and when I saw this had been finished and released, thought it probably was a good time to get hold of a copy and actually start reading it.

I find it very readable. I haven’t made my way through all of it yet – the past few months have been very busy for me – but hope to get there eventually.

7 Likes