Bilara-data folder structure proposal

Merge starting in 20 minutes at 0600PST 1400UTC

I’ve created a branch called pre-sva-master. This branch is simply the master before the sva merge. We can use it for double checking. It’s a temporary branch that will disappear once we are satisfied with the merge.

4 Likes

bilara-data sutta-vinaya-abhidhamma branch has been merged into suttacentral/bilara-data.

During the merge I discovered additional changes that had not been incorporated into sutta-vinaya-abhidhamma. Those changes have now been committed to sutta-vinaya-abhidhamma. See changelist fe68400 for more information about the changes brought into sutta-vinaya-abhidhamma.

Please update your suttacentral/bilara-data repositories on your local computers. This is quite a drastic change. If you do rely on a local repository, I recommend that you rename it to something like bilara-data.old and re-clone bilara-data into a brand new folder. The merge might create empty folders that you might find distracting.

At this point I can find zero differences between master and sutta-vinaya-abhidhamma. The merge is complete, but please do let me know if you find anything peculiar over the next few days. All SuttaCentral work can now proceed normally. Do take note of the new locations:

• …/sutta/…
  • …/vinaya/…
  • …/abhidhamma/…

I will now start work on the sc-voice fork of bilara-data, bringing that version of bilara-data up to the current. Anagarika @Sabbamitta, I’ll now switch to the Voice development thread to discuss changes in the Voice fork of bilara-data…

Thank you all for your help and patience! :pray:

5 Likes

Bilara has been updated.

It actually required no updates at all to use the new data structure, except it needed new error handling to handle the new errors :).

I added a fairly attention-grabbing display of detected errors under the browse view of Bilara, kind of like how Pootle would display problems. Except now, if you manually edit a JSON file and mess up the commas and doublequotes, your error will be visible for everyone to see :+1:

Seriously this seemed like the best way to draw attention to any serious errors which prevent the application from working properly.

In case the errors are fixed before you get to see what it looks like, it looks like this:

6 Likes

:man_cartwheeling: :heart:

Anagarika @Sabbamitta do we need to update bilara-data authors for Kaz?

2 Likes

Probably yes—I don’t think she’s in any authors’ list.

2 Likes

Anagarika Sabbamitta and I have just confirmed that we can submit pull-requests from the sc-voice fork of bilara-data. Anagarika will regularly submit pull-requests for new/updated translations. This will be identical to the dev process that, for example HongDa follows to update SC software. Any SC admin can review and approve content pull requests. I’ll be happy to do so as long as there are no for volunteers for this task (typically it would be a task for a Content Editor to approve content changes).

FYI, to complete the sutta-vinaya-abhidhamma merge into sc-voice/bilara-data, we had to actually DELETE the sc-voice/bilara-data and start a new fork. There were simply too many commits to merge with all the changes being forked and merged. We then forked a new bilara-data for sc-voice from suttacentral. Deleting a repository is rare in the git universe, so I hope nobody will miss the deleted history. Both Anagarika and I have copies of the deleted repository, so contact either one of us if you need historical changes to sc-voice/bilara-data.

2 Likes

I don’t know if this is relevent here (caused by updates)

2 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: There’s blank pages where there weren’t any before

Dear Sabbamitta, I took the liberty of deleting your tags to Blake, as the problem was fixed, and didn’t want to bother him unnecessarily. :pray:

3 Likes

I was just wondering about a message I had been sent about this… yes, thanks for that! :heart:

2 Likes

The _author.json file has been updated with Kaz’s details, and this error should go away now.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for the detailed instructions, which I have followed. Everything seems to fine! :grinning:

3 Likes

Wow, cool new user icon! :smile:

5 Likes

Thanks, @Blake. This is very useful. There seems to be a small bug, however.

I’ve been fixing up problems through bilara-data, but the error message doesn’t disappear in bilara.

Would you please have a look at this?

2 Likes

Bhante @sujato, the name “Khuddakanikāya” is not in the super-names file.

This means that we cannot show the text “Khuddakanikāya” in any Tipitaka user interface based on the names structure. I’m not sure what the desired behavior is.

1 Like

Thanks, my bad, I’ll fix it. Let me know if I’ve missed anything else.

2 Likes

I’ve now filled in all the fields for supername in both root and translation.

2 Likes