Buddha 🐱 Beings

I didn’t expect to find a number of peacocks in an outback bush camp. There was much (inconclusive) discussion about where they come from.

Only Australians will get this joke: the females are all called Susan, and the males Andrew. The chicks are mostly short-lived because Bob Hawke swoops down from the sky and carries them off.

11 Likes

Spotted a few Buddha Beings over the last couple of weeks, in a semi-rural area about 90 min drive northwest of Sydney called Dharug Nation by the Traditional Custodians.

A new family of Maned Ducks:

Water dragon:

And a little echidna having a jolly good time jumping on ants:

:pray:

18 Likes

Oh ok if you insist, I will post a cute photo of this bunny who came to one of my Dhamma talks recently…

23 Likes

Yes I absolutely do insist.
Thank you.

9 Likes

This little cutie hopped onto my bag near Auckland airport. They’re now happily relocated to a pot plant.

14 Likes

Happy Valentine’s/ Metta-Maitri Day :two_hearts: :blush:

20 Likes

Another New Zealand critter.

13 Likes

NSW pelicans

12 Likes

I am ignoring you until I receive my treat.

11 Likes

My fluffy friend, Yeti. :heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat:

23 Likes

From where do they get the idea to randomly try wrapping themselves in a cocoon?
They didn’t see their parents do it. Good luck little dood / doodette…

5 Likes

We said good bye to three of our original girls and we’ve adopted another two girls - a himilayan and a pretty little one with a “tuft of white hair” between her eyebrows (one of the 32 marks of a great rat! :joy:)

Their names are “Mash Potatoes” and “Cheezus”.

14 Likes

White-tailed deer in the coulees of Old Man River, southern Alberta, Canada

11 Likes

Just arrived at lPothgulgala forest Monastery near Kegalle in Sri Lanka.

There are monkeys everywhere :monkey:

They especially like the waking path and meditation seat under the Bodhi tree :heavy_heart_exclamation:

My hut comes with some gorilla masks to help deter the monkeys. At first I thought I needed to wear the mask but apparently no, they work just by hanging there without me having to dress up - phew! Imagine if they had mistaken me for their leader?! :speak_no_evil:

21 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: Horses and related activities

1st day of spring… the snakes are all waking up. This year i have a new resident house snake, a stunning young girl tiger snake. She’s been enjoying the verandah everyday for the last week. Shes quite unusual as she wonders around spending time looking in the windows :smile:

20 Likes

Here’s a few pictures from a walk at a little marshland preserve in the middle of Los Angeles. It was a sunny day, so my shaky hand still managed to create a few sharp pictures. Sentient beings are everywhere when we pay attention.

This pheobe didn’t want to be photo’d.

I took about 50 shots of this damselfly convinced the camera wasn’t focusing properly. Such jewel-like eyes!

The bees were frolicking in a stand of waterplant flowers, but I could never focus on one long enough to a get a good shot. This one had just taken off, headed for the next flower.

An egret stalking about in the marsh, which was covered in something brown.

This duck was tucked away just off the path, sound asleep in a spot of sunlight.

20 Likes

Kitty high on catnip (this is Sneak).

17 Likes

My cat, Mortimer, guarding the Bible. (There are no Christians in the house, I don’t know, why we even have the Bible :laughing:). We sometimes call him The CATholic minister, 'cos of his black coat and white collar. He is very devout.

20 Likes

Saeed al-Err and Minwar
Sulala Animal Rescue, Gaza

15 Likes