Buddha 🐱 Beings

I have a legacy! :heart_eyes_cat:

I think I have to take responsibility for “Slim Cat”, that was how I differentiated between them at first and got passed that fact that when Dutch-speakers called either cat, they made exactly the same sound.

I since learned her name is “Wollie” (for the anglophonic amongst us, it’s pronounced “Wally”) , or more formally, some curious Dutch sounds, that I’d guess should be written something like “Wolleke”. In any case, this is, indeed she!

5 Likes

24 Likes

Leo has been a good friend and companion for the past 10 years. He started life in Minnesota and migrated to California with me a couple years ago.

Here, I managed to capture a “Sphinx moment” while he was enjoying a summer morning on a pile of blankets.

19 Likes

A soft spot with room to stretch the legs is heavenly :smiley_cat:

6 Likes

This kitty was a guest, who very much enjoyed watching videos of birds and chipmunks on youtube, and sharing the experience with humans. (He had little interest in it as a solitary activity.)

6 Likes

One good thing I learnt a long time ago from observing pet cats - not to be like them, not be lazy and waste my life just sleeping, eating, playing games or watching TV.

The United Nations offers a free guide for those still trapped in lazy lifestyle. It is good even for those under current Covid 19 quarantine:

https://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/takeaction/

3 Likes

Buddha :heartbeat: all beings. The second half of this video reveals the salvation that is emerging out of the Covid epidemic for many wild animals. :bat: :bat: :monkey::rhinoceros: Including the whole Felidae family of Cats :tiger2: :leopard: :cat2: :tiger: :paw_prints: :lion:

1 Like

You have finally settled the forwards/backwards issue! :pray:

3 Likes

rescued-is-our-favorite-breed unnamed

I think most of us were adopted by strays or shelter cats or cats who lost a home. Both of my kitties (now passed on to rebirth) were.

May all beings be at ease. May generosity, peacefulness, and wisdom guide.

10 Likes

Although this is primarily a cat focussed thread, many beings might enjoy these youtube videos of birds, I sometimes put them on as quiet calming entertainment.

25 minutes: YouTube

1 hour YouTube

8 hours YouTube

12 hours YouTube

From observing cats with people, I’ve learned some about misunderstandings, and POV point of view.
There’s a reason why humans with cat allergies feel pestered by cats.
For cats, narrowing eyes, blinking, avoiding direct eyes, side turned postures, are signals for cats of feeling non-threatened and non-threatening. These are the behaviors a human with allergies (or dislike, maybe) exhibits towards a cat; these behaviors read from a cat POV as invitation or overture…
One wide-eyed direct stare, body posture directly facing a cat, would say the opposite.

Maybe it’s a step towards wisdom and kindness sometimes, to let go of one’s usual perspective, and look from that Other point of view. What seems pestering, may flip; what seemed to be akusala intention, might be seen as actually kind of friendly, kind of kusala.
And seeing such in cats makes it easier imo to see in humans, and in mind.
If I let go of some of my previous judgements against myself, maybe compassion for my own life as well as every other life can rise.

:pray::paw_prints:

4 Likes

Four Covid lockdown kittens born in my bathroom last night. Two black and white, one grey and white, and one beige and white (my favourite). Sorry about the quality, but it’s not easy photographing wriggling kittens with the inbuilt camera on a laptop.

23 Likes

:heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat:

No favourites allowed!!

4 Likes

Or as my mom says to my sister and I, “you’re both my favorite”. :grin:

6 Likes

9 Likes

Awwwwwwww Lunchbox. may lunchbox be reborn in a favourable destination!

And hoping that you’re doing ok @Timothy. To lose a Buddha Being can be hard. Thank you for sharing with us here. :paw_prints::heart_eyes_cat::paw_prints:

11 Likes

The Covid lockdown kittens’ eyes are now open. The beige-and-white one is already manifesting the first two of the thirty-two marks of a Supercat: blue eyes and a Batman insignia on his chest.

Batcat

18 Likes

I’ll take him. Pop him in a brown paper bag and post him to Australia. :rofl:

8 Likes

What this suffering world needs more of is fluff.

Just lots of fluff.

There. That should help make everything a little better now.

22 Likes

I found this poor pigeon downstairs completely inert and stunned. Maybe it flew into something. I wasn’t sure if it would make it through the night but today it’s slowly improving and can manage to walk, although it’s a bit wobbly and trembling. I hope it lives and manages to fly again!

17 Likes

UPDATE
The injured pigeon above has recovered and flown the coop! :smiley::smiley::smiley: Over a 48hr period it gradually recovered movement in its head and wings and was gone this early morning. I’m very happy we could offer it a safe place to recuperate.

To celebrate, here are some more flying Buddha Beings, some pretty rainbow lorikeets. We have some native birdseed for these visitors but here they are nibbling at some scraps left by pigeons. The pigeons appear to eat everything quite happily.

21 Likes