Buddha 🐱 Beings

Wow :heart_eyes: what a great lot of wildlife. May I ask where you live?
Much metta to you and all your beasties :blush::two_hearts::sparkling_heart::pray:

3 Likes

Life of a monastery cat under lockdown (only the pile of cushions is higher now).

16 Likes

:rofl: I see s/he is exempt from the precept about high and luxurious beds :rofl: :revolving_hearts:

17 Likes

This friend has passed away, that body decayed, that bhava done, such likes and dislikes as might have been no longer, anicca, dukkha, annata demonstrated or experienced.

16 Likes

If you were wondering why people hoard toiletpaper in times of crisis … to keep their pet busy:

ETP4ijgXYAwbr8U ETP4ijSXYAcxhR9

16 Likes

Thanks @Viveka! We have many more that I didn’t post photos of. Some of my
favorites are the coyotes (which come right up to the windows!) Needless to say my indoor kitty, Suci (I posted a photo of her beind the Buddha statue earlier in this discussion), isn’t allowed outside, both because she would harm the birds and a bobcat or coyote would eat her! I live in New Mexico, USA

4 Likes

From 2011, hence the lack of pixels:

9 Likes

@Vimala, Please tell kitty (is this Slim Cat or Bolleke?) to please reroll and send me some after she’s done playing :slight_smile: We’ve not been able to find any TP for the last 2 1/2 weeks anywhere in town!

7 Likes

Hello feline-friendly ones, I’ve introduced you to Mr. Fluffy Hissmeister (aka Cooper)

but not shared much of Sneak.

Here she is right after an unintended plunge into the dishwater, a couple of days ago.

Sneak is a good-natured girl, ready to purr when touched by almost anyone. Her sweetness stands in contrast to Cooper’s curmudgeonly ways, a blessed relief.

She got her name by slipping around unnoticed, sometimes ending up crying to be let out of a closet that had been opened for only 1 or 2 seconds.

Sneak has a remarkable habit of “killing” a small piece of cloth - such as a hand towel, wool hat, small blanket that lines a cat carrier, long johns or a big wool sock - and dragging it into the center of a room where she stands meowing maniacally for attention.

Sneak with one of her 1st kills

When I approach her kill she rolls over playfully and gives her belly to be petted; if I give her a toy at this point she will eagerly bite at it viciously while I rub her belly. My best guess is she’s replaying her mother bringing a kill and calling the kittens to eat it or nurse.

There’s always a cloth kill on the floor
here, somewhere.

Busy Sneak - 3 kills in an afternoon!

Some people don’t believe animals are really like us - sentient, emotional, loving. Next time you come across such an unbeliever, tell 'em about Sneak.

[Edited to change a photo]

15 Likes

After discovering that the TP was entertaining the kitties I began installing it backwards to make it harder to unroll.

10 Likes

:rofl: oh, that stretch, that belly :laughing:

She’s lovely! And very generous to share the vanquished textiles with you.

6 Likes

Just one more :slight_smile: One spring equinox several years ago, a great horned owl friend sat on our flagstone steps out the back door the entire day, only flying off at sunset to hunt. I ‘discovered’ her when one early morning I looked out the kitchen window (which is about 3 feet from where she was sitting). At first I thought my eyes were playing tricks with me and that it must be a neighbor’s cat! I went outside and she didn’t move except to turn her head to focus intently on me with one big yellow eye open.
Then I did some gardening all around where she was sitting, and she didn’t budge except to follow me with that one open eye as I moved around her; she would turn her head in nearly a full circle to do so (I later read that great horned owls can turn their heads 270degrees!) After I finished my work I sat down to drink a cup of tea, sitting just mere inches away from her on the step, which is when I snapped this photo. I had to resist reaching out to pet her! What a gift!

19 Likes
2 Likes

Really? May I ask, guarding against what or against whom? :roll_eyes: :parrot: :bird: :baby_chick:

wind? loneliness? failures of gravity? (Cats sustain the world, maybe.) Also, reflective surface = yummy solar radiant heat source.

:wink:

2 Likes

Against the depredations of her dogs, Masher and Hercules.

But even more so against those of my dog, Muffin, an excitable beast who delighted in tearing Phalañāṇī’s robes to shreds.

:grin:

15 Likes

Thank you. I s Venerable Phalanyani well? Is this question outside the scope of this Topic/thread?

This one made me smile…

13 Likes

I don’t know. Ayya was fine when we last talked on Skype, but that was over a month ago, before all this Covid business cropped up.

As Phalañāṇī isn’t a domesticated cat, I think we may be veering a little astray if we continue in this vein.

:smile_cat:

To get back on topic, here’s a pic of Horatio Fizkin Esq., the most villainous-looking cat I ever raised.

20 Likes

Can you please tell me - where is that photo from, what country and place? :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:
It reminded me of the Acrobat Sutta, SN47:19