Corona Dhamma2 - CHILDREN'S Resources

Let’s post Dhamma resources for children, along with any wholesome teachings or activities for children, Buddhist or not, that cover topics such as ethics, becoming calm and developing wisdom.

• FREE BOOKS such as Jataka tales (past lives of the Buddha) for children: “Stories of the Enlightenment Being, Buddhist Tales for Young and Old” by Bhante Piyatissa. Accessable as .pdf’s from Tawainese website ftp.budaedu.org (looks sketchy but my phone is fine, lol). #EN401-EN405 Vols 1-5. These are large files, but scrolling I found smaller versions listed separately ie, #EN002, #EN258, #EN288.
    Also, #EN280 and #EN281 are more books for children that I recommend.

• Live teachings 2pm EST tomorrow - Thursday “Kindness 101” by Steve Hartman on CBS News Facebook page. I watched today’s lesson - excellent and very relevant. (He’s in lockdown w/his own children and films from home, with their assistance.) Today he used clips from his “On the Road” series relevant to kids, then analyzed the lessons. He reminds me of Mr. Rogers! Here’s today’s recording.

Edit: Please add to this list, and kindly keep it in simple list form easy to read. Blessings to all parents quarantined with their children! May you all be well!

10 Likes

Uncolored Dhamma doodles for coloring? Or Let’s Draw Dhamma after seeing colored ones?

6 Likes

National Geographic for Kids - Explore, discover and help
https://www.natgeokids.com/au/

Just to let people know… I have (nearly) all doodles in black and white also. Except for those that have a photo as background, and the gifs, of course. If anyone needs some, let me know which ones and I’ll upload them.

Looks like this:

13 Likes

Gee… that far shore with the Nibbana cocktail :tropical_drink: looks sooo nice… :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

It’s a thaembili (king coconut) :wink: :sri_lanka:

image image

7 Likes

A video from the NSW Biodiversity Conservation Trust:
“Join Alice on a tour of a NSW woodland! Alice will show you the kinds of animals you can find and chat about why woodlands are so important.”

2 Likes

BACKYARD BUDDIES:
https://www.backyardbuddies.org.au/

WILDLIFE RESCUE:
https://www.wires.org.au/kids-pages

1 Like

The Sutra Story series on youtube can be a good material. I still watch them from time to time even though i am considered an adult :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Colouring book about the Buddha - especially for Vesak.
Biography of Sakyamuni Buddha - A Colouring Book - short.pdf (6.8 MB)

1 Like

WingThing Magazine:

Woodland
WL-WingThing-woodland.pdf (3.1 MB)

Beach
BNB-WingThing-beach.pdf (4.3 MB)

1 Like

In terms of general educational (non-Dhamma) resources, a site that is being used by a lot of schoolkids here (Ireland) during the COVID-19 shutdown is twinkl.co.uk or twinkl.ie.
I think their main business is producing educational material for teachers to use. For this crisis, though, they are providing lots of educational material suitable for the curricula of many different countries. The page for that is: https://www.twinkl.ie/resources/covid19-school-closures . There are lots of free “school closure packs” there for all kinds of ages that can be printed off.

3 Likes

LEARNING ABOUT BIRDS

Information and WingThing magazine about Shore Birds:

1 Like

Now trying not to imagine Metta Duck. =D

edit: maybe a writing challenge some children (or the young at heart) would enjoy: The Amazing Adventures of Metta Duck, a Hero of Compassion". “A Kind (of) Hero”.

2 Likes

UNITED NATIONS - SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS

Thomas & Friends | Sustainable Development Goals

1 Like

CARING FOR OUR OCEANS:

Ocean-Care Origami
OceanCareOrigami.pdf (3.5 MB) i

1 Like

Story_of_the_Peace_Crane.pdf (309.2 KB)

1 Like
1 Like

Since the OP (original post) is asking for Dhamma resources, let’s not post non-Dhamma resources in this thread :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Please note the description about the contents, at the start of this Thread . :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like