Discussion for Bilara users

Hello @blake, thank you for your assistance. I followed the steps you described and unfortunately I still can’t get the the projects to load. Here is what I see:

Still I cleared the data and did a hard refresh but to no avail :smiling_face_with_tear:

Noé

Do you see any errors under inspector? (other than manifest.json), if so can you get the contents of the error? That is under Network, click on the errored file, and “response”

2 Likes

Aaah @blake, the projects are now loading. :partying_face: I don’t know if it’s due to the steps I followed earlier. I hard refreshed a few times earlier with no change, but now it works.

4 Likes

Thank you all for your assistance. :pray:

4 Likes

Bhante @Sujato, I am unable to load either Pātimokkha. It’s been behaving a bit funny over the last couple of days, and now there is no access. Help!

1 Like

May this be related to the fact that Vinaya folders of other projects got lost at some point? For German in any case it hasn’t reappeared since.

Well at least that’s an easy problem to identify: the root file simply does not exist.

After some log sleuthing, turns out they were deleted in this commit rename vri root pali files · suttacentral/bilara-data@9e70814 · GitHub

I restored them and hopefully put them in the correct place.

3 Likes

Hooray for bilara throwing useful error messages. It’s like whoever wrote that line could tell the future :grin: (And looks like the right place to me.)

1 Like

Thanks so much, @Blake! It all seems to be back in good order. I hope all well with you and your family. Much metta from Oz. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hello, I wonder if I have missed something that I should have done, as it appears that none of my French Sutta translations display anymore, at the exception of the last one I published a few weeks ago, any older ones show a blank page. I noticed that some of Sekha’s are also showing blank. Did I miss anything?

2 Likes

The same seems to be the case with some (how many?) of my translations too. Just noticed it at Ud 2.9.

Noé, try again, for me it works now after @HongDa has redeployed the site. But don’t forget to clear your browser cache and reload the page.

Thank you, HongDa! :pray:

1 Like

Yes! Thank you @sabbamitta, it also works for me. Thank you @HongDa :pray:

1 Like

@carmi, @sabbamitta I just finished translating sn-guide-sujato, and I am proofreading it now. Suddenly, I have a doubt: I should keep the HTML tags in the text, right?

1 Like

Yes yes, just copy this as is. It’s only the text between the tags, in this case the word “saṁyutta”, that you may translate, if appropriate.

1 Like

Great, thank you so much for your prompt help.

1 Like

@carmi, thank you for your help on publishing sn-guide-sujato_translation-fr-site. Something got included in the page which I don’t think belongs there.

1 Like

That is a problem with the ToC which the devs need to solve. As far as I know they are aware of it, but didn’t get around to do it so far. @HongDa?

(The title for the six sense fields has originally been forgotten in the ToC, and later been added without full success.)

But make sure that all ToC links point to the right topis—this is your part to fix (see here; you may compare with the German under sn-guide-sujato_translation-de-site in Bilara).

1 Like

Ah yes. Sorry, I missed that post where you mentioned it. I think the ToC links in the French translation point to the right topics, but I do see a difference with the German one:

1 Like

Yes, that’s exactly it. Item #5 is the one that has been added, the six sense fields; but it is not represented in Bilara. The ToC previously had one item less. If you click on the website on what has now #5 in your ToC, the link will take you to item #5 on the “real site”, which is the six sense fields, and not the Mahavagga. The same for the following link. Try it out.

So you must replace the #5 in your ToC by a #6, and the #6 by a #7, so that these links will at least point to what the titles say. For the six sense fields there is currently no link. (Just imagine that a 5th item will be added in Bilara between #4 and #6—which is now wrongly called #5.)

In English this hasn’t been fixed, which is why it is misleading for all following translators.

1 Like