Discussion for Bilara users

OK, thank you, I’ll update this soon, I want to make a few changes to the other guides too, so I’ll post all these together.

1 Like

To fix this issue, modifications need to be made to the sn-guide-sujato.json file for each language version, for example:

"sn-guide-sujato:6": "<a href='#item4'>The Book of the Aggregates</a>",
  "sn-guide-sujato:7": "<a href='#item6'>The Great Book</a>",

became:

"sn-guide-sujato:6": "<a href='#item4'>The Book of the Aggregates</a>",
   "sn-guide-sujato:6.1": "<a href='#item5'>The Book of the Six Sense Fields</a>",
  "sn-guide-sujato:7": "<a href='#item6'>The Great Book</a>",

another example:
https://github.com/suttacentral/bilara-data/blob/published/translation/de/site/sn-guide-sujato_translation-de-site.json

"sn-guide-sujato:6": "<a href='#item4'>Das Buch der Aggregate</a> ",
  "sn-guide-sujato:7": "<a href='#item6'>Das Große Buch</a> ",

became:

"sn-guide-sujato:6": "<a href='#item4'>Das Buch der Aggregate</a> ",
   "sn-guide-sujato:6.1": "<a href='#item5'>Das Buch der sechs Sinnesfelder</a>",
  "sn-guide-sujato:7": "<a href='#item6'>Das Große Buch</a> ",
2 Likes

Should we translators make the respective pull requests and propose you for checking and merging? Can not simply a line be added to Bilara, so that also future translators can translate it?

I can directly modify the German version first, and then you can see if it can be displayed normally in bilara :smile:

1 Like

Let’s try that, thank you! :+1:

1 Like

I have modified this file, please check it when you have time, and I translated it by machine, I don’t know if it is accurate, please check it.

https://github.com/suttacentral/bilara-data/blob/unpublished/translation/de/site/sn-guide-sujato_translation-de-site.json

1 Like

Looks good, thank you.

Perfect! :smile: The same title appears further down in the same file, line 167 in the json file.

The “Master of German” award is for you! :1st_place_medal:

:sunglasses:

It is expected that I will update the staging tomorrow, and then I will see if the modification results are correct.

2 Likes

I can make the respective pull request for French too, so both can go to the site together.

@HongDa, I have just created a pull request for French, but it says it has merge conflicts.

2 Likes

Okay, done:

added:
"sn-guide-sujato:6.1": "<a href='#item5'>Le Livre des Six Champs Sensoriels</a>",

2 Likes

It seems we both tried to do it at the same time, so I’ll close my pull request. Done.

1 Like

@HongDa, and Bhante @sujato, the change made in the issue #2603 that you (HongDa) posted above has been merged into master on suttacentral/suttacentral three weeks ago, in a file called client/localization/elements/sn-guide-sujato_en.json.

But the change is not in bilara-data unpublished, nor is it in bilara-data published; it seems not to be in bilara-data at all—perhaps this is the reason why it doesn’t appear in Bilara, and why it looks so wrong on the website?

1 Like

Yes, at that time I only modified the front-end part of SC. The changes needed to be manually made in each language version for them to take effect.

2 Likes

Okay, then we should perhaps make the other translators aware who are affected.

The essay has, except for French and German, still been translated into Portuguese; as far as I can see there is no other. @Gabriel_L

But the most important is to fix it in the English root, for otherwise there is no chance it will appear in Bilara. And it would of course be much easier for any translator to just make their fix in Bilara.

1 Like

@sabbamitta, thank you for your assistance on that. Is there still anything else to do on my side for sn-guide-sujato?

1 Like

I don’t think so. Just wait what it looks like on the website after update.

Added:
You should actually also see it in Bilara now. For me it has already appeared, with an empty root segment:

But it’s likely not editable here until the Bilara server has been rebooted.

1 Like

Ah yes, probably you have to re-publish the essay, for the change has been made to unpublished.

2 Likes

Hi there, I want to proceed now to the DN in my translation project and translate Bhante’s comments along with the Suttas. There is a column available in Bilara where I can add comments, but there is no way I can publish comments.

Can that be arranged? Not sure who’s job this is … Bhante @sujato @carmi @HongDa @blake

@Blake, the two Pātimokkhas are not included in the bilara search results. Can this be fixed, please? Thanks!

2 Likes

My plan is:

• Work thru DN one sutta at a time (currently DN 21!)
  • Correct translation as I go (Mostly details of diction, but sometimes substantial; see eg. DN 21:1.11.19)
  • at the end of DN, go back and revise all notes.
  • start MN!

I’m feeling my way through it, learning as I go, so I don’t have a strict criterion as to what exactly should be a note. I anticipate DN will take another few months, and for the whole project, a couple of years.

My suggestion would be to wait a little while, or else translate and not publish yet. They’re still a work in progress.

As for publishing the notes, there is no mechanism in Bilara for doing so, so I do it the old fashioned way by pushing to Github manually. I hope to be able to build a UI for this in Bilara this year.

Certainly can and should be, I’ll alert him.

2 Likes