Easter Egg šŸ„š 2

@Sabbamitta found the second and third Easter Eggs! Well done! Here is your trophy :trophy:

Easter Egg 2: The Buddha's Words

Well, he might have said that at some occasion. But maybe it was not recorded. ā€¦

Background: On Tuesday 6th February, myself and our whole Dev-team was glued to the screen to watch the live broadcast of Elon Muskā€™s Falcon Heavy Test Flight, which put his Tesla Roadster into orbit with Starman behind the wheel. It was one of those things that our dev-team could enjoy together, although we are all spread over the entire planet.

The launch itself was spectacular and especially the live images from Starman in space afterwards:

Because Elon Musk built in several Easter Eggs into the Roadster, this gave me the idea to build in some Easter Eggs into SuttaCentral.

You can notice the ā€˜Donā€™t Panicā€™ sign on the Roadsterā€™s dashboard. A hint towards the book that is Elon Muskā€™s favorite, as well as mine since I first got hold of it when I was 16: The Hitchhikerā€™s Guide To The Galaxy.

In the series, Donā€™t Panic is a phrase on the cover of The Hitchhikerā€™s Guide to the Galaxy. The novel explains that this was partly because the device ā€œlooked insanely complicatedā€ to operate, and partly to keep intergalactic travellers from panicking. ā€œIt is said that despite its many glaring (and occasionally fatal) inaccuracies, the Hitchhikerā€™s Guide to the Galaxy itself has outsold the Encyclopedia Galactica because it is slightly cheaper, and because it has the words ā€˜DONā€™T PANICā€™ in large, friendly letters on the cover.ā€

10 Likes

Thanks for the trophy! :smiley:

Funny, I donā€™t actually know much about The Hitchhikerā€™s Guide To The Galaxy. The un-knowledgeable are sometimes lucky! :laughing:

4 Likes

Itā€™s actually a quote from the Buddha, in Pali, mā bhayi:

4 Likes

Your screenshot definately warents a ā€œNo Panic!ā€ sign.

7 Likes

I think Sabbamitta deserves two trophies, sister! :smiley:

4 Likes

Actually three but I have no time right now to update Discourse with a post on Easter Egg 3 and 4. Iā€™ve been in meetings from 4am to 7am and now is time for breakfast :tea: :bowl_with_spoon:

4 Likes

Hope you enjoy your breakfast! :heart:

4 Likes