Feature request: language options from Pali search

Interesting. I have to admit I’m not 100% sure I’ve understood you correctly. As I quickly look at it, it seems quite a different use case and what you have is fine (I think I’m right to believe that while it’s not something for you will directly take care of yourself, you are building in capacity for different languages to be added which is thoroughly brilliant. If this is so I’m assuming it will involve some kind of option in the settings page for users to select their default language or something along those lines?)

Here what I’m referring to is just being able to go directly to eg. an English translation of a sutta appearing in a list found using a Pali search term.

As per the above, currently, if I wanted to be able to read the Condanasutta found with my search term I’d have to open it and then from there use the “View parallels & references” drop down (or maybe manipulate the URL) to get to a version I could actually understand; I’m just saying it would be nice to have the option of going directly to the English (or whatever default language) from the Pali results page.

Have I missed something in what you’re asking?

1 Like