French Translations

Because the algorithm sees you have been consistently active recently.

Still, I am interested in his curated anthologies. Perhaps I’m just wrestling with impermanence here and don’t want them lost for future generations.

The anthologies I am aware of include:

Sermons du Bouddha: La traduction intégrale de 20 textes du canon bouddhique (Éditions du Cerf, Paris, 1988; Éditions du Seuil, Paris, 2006)(listed on the wiki)
Le Bouddha et ses disciples. Texte intégral de 27 textes du Canon bouddhique (Éditions du Cerf, Paris, 1990)
Au delà de la mort (Éditions LIS, Paris, 1996)(listed on the wiki)
Le dernier voyage du Bouddha (Éditions LIS, Paris, 1998)(listed on the wiki)
La philosophie du Bouddha (Éditions LIS, Paris, 2000)(BethL to put on the wiki)
Les entretiens du Bouddha: La traduction intégrale de 21 textes du canon bouddhique (Éditions du Seuil, Paris, 2001)(listed on the wiki)

So the only sutta list I don’t have is Le Bouddha et ses disciples.

Am I missing anything else?

Of course I’m focused on Môhan Wijayaratna only and am now reading the two anthologies in my possession. I not only find them splendid as a reader of French and as a lay practitioner but also use them in Pali study.

I will continue reviewing the translations by Michel Proulx, Christian Maës, and Rémy on SuttaCentral and Buddha Vacana. Is it correct that Michel Proulx’s translations are from non-Pali sources only (e.g., Italian)?

Many thanks and much metta for all of the translators’ efforts and intentions. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: For where would I be without you?

3 Likes