What a great thread Viveka I will add my list of gratitude. If we take into account both SuttaCentral.net AND Discuss & Discover forum then the gratitude is magnificent indeed!
- All amazing translations available and very clearly sorted out.
- Amazing translator work by Bhante Sujato, Ajahn Brahmali and others.
- The fact that you can have pali text and english texts taken to the side, or pali text appearing by mouseover on english one is simply amazing. It helped me so much in my scholarly work.
- Very easy to find sutta in particular translation, so you can quickly compare for example Bhikkhu Bodhi and Bhante Sujato translation and ponder on differences.
- Very easy in comparison to other tools to find suttas once you get “the basics”.
- Really got me inspired to read a lot of suttas in various translations and to understand more words in pali.
- Even sharing this page with others is making good kamma
There are no words how grateful I’m for SuttaCentral. Without it my P.hD work would be a harrowing. It is still not easy, but SuttaCentral makes it much easier.
SUTTA CENTRAL D&D FORUM:
- I’m very grateful for meeting there one of my best kalyanamittas, @Viveka.
- I had first opportunity to speak with some monastics here. And I’m very grateful for presence of Ayya @Charlotteannun Ajahn @Brahmali, Bhante @sujato, Bhante @Khemarato.bhikkhu Bhante @Dhammanando, Bhante @Akaliko and other monastics, and also Anagarika @sabbamitta It is really great to see you all interacting with us and with each other. It gives a lot of inspiration, information and helps understand buddhism as a living tradition, and to participate in it !
- Many great non-monastic users aswell I’m very grateful especially for those are always remain very deeply kind to everyone, and to those who share useful information and funny stuff
- A lot of questions answered greatly
- A lot of help in finding sutta refferences
- I also apprieciate presence of those dealing with Agamas like @cdpatton, because this is also a very importaint mine of knowledge about early buddhism.
- A big thank you to moderators team for doing so much selfless work
- A lot of wisdom and information read on this forum… the amount of threads I’ve read in last year is quite big
- It also helped me to understand more how to write correctly (Even thou this post might not seem like it ), and how to behave more kind in Internet space.
So, I’m really, really deeply grateful for SuttaCentral. Actually it is a place where I probably spend most of time online, maybe together with youtube haha. But youtube is not nearly as wholesome, quite the opposite lol.
So, thank you again Bhante Sujato for being pretty much the leader of this initiative. It really changed my life for the better. From person who barely read any sutta, right now I remember numbers of many favorites, and read many in various translations, from all nikayas.
So even thou I don’t participate that much on the forum (both lack of time and I feel like other people simply know more than I), I read everyday and it keeps me in constant touch with dhamma and dhamma people.
I might also say I’m addicted to Internet (I suppose it’s not that uncommon nowadays :D) , which is simply a fact, and SuttaCentral helps me to steer this craving into a really wholesome activity. It helped me spend much less time on facebook too, because it fulfills the “need” for social media in an extremely more wholesome way.
I might even say that this forum is somewhat a “home on the Internet” for me, because it focus on most wholesome subject, which is study of EBTs.
Sadhu, Sadhu, Sadhu to SuttaCentral and all who created/maintain/evolve it !