Is the Network Down? Can't Download Nikayas

I’ve been trying to download the Middle Discourses since last night, but the network seems to be down. It’s the same on my laptop, smartphone, and Kindle. I’ve also tried downloading the other Nikayas, but it’s all the same. Nothing. Thanks for any help on this matter.

1 Like

I’m also unable to download any of the epub files from the download section.

Are you both talking about the epubs? I believe that Bhante @Sujato mentioned that the downloads are broken.

Until that is fixed, you can get a slightly older (and IMO better formatted :grin:) version of them through this website:

There are also versions with Pali and English.

5 Likes

Thanks, I didn’t know. Has Bhante Sujato said when this would be fixed?

He may join the thread to say, but I don’t recall he put a date on it. Lots of things to fix with the new rollout.

Understood. Thanks again.

:pray:

1 Like

Thanks for the link.

For anyone interested, I also keep a backup of the e-books on my github, but note that the files are 7 months old:

The only difference when compared with the original files is that the text alignment is changed from left to justify and in addition the azw3 files have additional soft hyphenation.

1 Like

Hi all!

Two days ago I realized that the epub files are back again:

So, I used them and updated the (epub, mobi, azw3) files on my GitHub repo:

I think those are still drafts. I wouldn’t start using them for anything official until the completion of the project was announced. Bhante @Sujato?

Thanks for letting me know!

I assumed that these auto-generated files use the latest translations and this is why I updated the files from 2020.

Sorry. I think Bhante is on retreat and he would really be the best one to ask.

I believe they would be made using the latest translations if that is all you care about. However the formatting and production of the books is not final. But again, Bhante Sujato would be the one to say.

1 Like

Please refer to this thread for updates about the epub version of the Sutta Pitaka.