Is there a Sutta Central app for this forum?

Hello, I am new here. I’d like to know if there is a Sutta Central app for this forum, especially for iOS devices?

Hi @PeaceLover,

Welcome to the D&D forum!

Enjoy the multiple resources here available: may these be of assistance along the path!

Regarding your question, there is an app for Android. I only have found the following post about an iOS app. Maybe others will be able to help more.

Should you have any questions related to the forum, feel free to contact the @moderators.

With Metta,
Ric
On behalf of the moderators

2 Likes

I didn’t know there was an app for Android but I don’t use it. Not sure if you’ve tried just using a browser app on your smart phone but that’s what I do and it works and fits perfectly on a smart phone screen. The bigger the phone you have the easier to read.

1 Like

Sorry, no iOS. We do have an Android app. This can also be used to access this forum too, though the functionality differs from device to device (on some devices three options SC / forum/ voice show up, while on others one needs to navigate).

Another option for accessing this forum (not SC) is the Discourse android app.

SuttaCentral uses PWA. I had earlier created a PWA android app which later metamorphosed into the (un)official Google playstore app.

An iOS app for SuttaCentral can be created easily using the same kind of process. Submission to the app store will however require someone with an Apple developer account and Ven @sujato 's permission. Any volunteers? :smiley:

3 Likes