Is word of Buddha lost in the noise and translations?

One more example I recently came across, this is very very sweet and full of wisdom, none of its 6 translations on sutta central are near perfection, the one by S. N. Goenka nails it, having said that I am not at all picking upon one translator is better then others, the languages have evolved and changed over time and so the meaning of words, to get right context of historic languages is not trivial like substituting words

DHP 153

Udānavatthu
Anekajātisaṁsāraṁ,
sandhāvissaṁ anibbisaṁ;
Gahakāraṁ gavesanto, Variant: Gahakāraṁ → gahakārakaṁ (bj, sya-all, pts1ed, pts2ed)
dukkhā jāti punappunaṁ.

Gahakāraka diṭṭhosi,
puna gehaṁ na kāhasi;
Sabbā te phāsukā bhaggā,
gahakūṭaṁ visaṅkhataṁ;
Visaṅkhāragataṁ cittaṁ,
taṇhānaṁ khayamajjhagā.

English Translation on sutta central

Transmigrating through countless rebirths,
I’ve journeyed without reward,
searching for the house-builder;
painful is birth again and again.

I’ve seen you, house-builder!
You won’t build a house again!
Your rafters are all broken,
your roof-peak is demolished.
My mind, set on demolition,
has reached the end of craving.

Translation by S. N. Goenka

Once enlightened Buddha sees divine vision, the countless past lives in this world
I kept on running without stopping towards the death, can't wait at all, without achieving anything
Many lives kept on searching the creator of this house the body and the new body in next life
Kept getting born again and again ending up with more and more suffering
Now the creator(Avijjā) is seen, he can't build new house again (no more rebirth)
I have destroyed all building materials, which are required for creating new house the sankhāra
My mind is now free from all old sankhāra 
And the craving is removed from the roots, (due to equanimity it can never arise) destroyed for ever