Looking for English translation of Chinese or Tibetan Mulasarvastivada Bhiksu and Bhiksuni Pratimoksa Sutra

Namatthu Buddhassa.

I’m currently interested to make Indonesian translations for Pratimoksa. Now, I’m looking for a full English translation of Chinese or Tibetan Mulasarvastivada Bhiksu and Bhiksuni Pratimoksa.

I already have English translation of Mulasarvastivada Bhiksu Pratimoksa Sutra from Sanskrit text by Charles Prebish, but there’s nothing about Bhiksuni Pratimoksa.

I already read “The Bhikkhuni Patimokkha of The Six Schools” by Chatsuraman Kabilsingh, but his translation starts from Nidanuddeso, not full of Pratimoksa Sutra.

So… Anyone can help me? :sweat_smile: I need full English translation of Chinese or Tibetan Mulasarvastivada Bhiksu and Bhiksuni Pratimoksa Sutra.

Many thanks before. :innocent::pray:

3 Likes

For the Bhikshuni part perhaps tag in Venerable @vimalanyani.

3 Likes

Ven. Tsomo has published a translation in the book “Sisters in solitude”. But I’m fairly sure that it’s under copyright.

3 Likes

Darn… :sweat_smile:

Am I must pay to get the copy of this book? :sweat_smile:

@Jhindra terjemahkan dari chinese aja langsung :rofl:

84000 website is slowing going to make it. Email them and ask

Kalo gw bisa ko, dah gw terjemahin sendiri… :rofl: Mau collab gak? :eyes:

what website it is? :thinking:

If you had searched 84000 you’d find it. :joy:

It seems you have to ask. Because they are publishing other “Tibetan works” First they once told me.

They have only this chapter now of vinaya

Sorry, masih fokus ke Agama Sutra, Vinaya lbh sulit menerjemahkan krn istilah2nya gw gak familiar… :grin:

Hmm… Looks like I must waiting for new translation. :grin:

nice… :eyes::ok_hand:

I have a problem. Can someone provide me english translation of Payantika 152 from Tibetan Mulasarvastivada Bhiksuni Pratimoksa? :sweat_smile::pray:

For alternative, now I’m using Payantika 136 from Chinese texts version.

Here’s the rule in two different translations:

If a bhiksuni is envious of something found, she com­mits a payantika.

If a bhiksuni is egotistic with regard to possessions, it is a payantika.

It belongs in a group with rules 149-151 and 153, and the phrasing should be parallel with these four rules.

2 Likes

Thanks for your help Ayya @vimalanyani , but where you find it? :grin::pray:

I have two translations of the text, but they are both under copyright, so I can’t share them. :slightly_frowning_face:

Can we talk in private message? :sweat_smile::pray:

OK, message me. But it’s late here, so if this is going to take long, then we’ll have to continue tomorrow.

1 Like

So… I decided to translate the Tibetan Bhiksu Pratimoksa in here into Indonesian. Altough this is an old, really old translation… But I have no choice… :sweat_smile: You can read my translation in here. Enjoy read it… :slight_smile: