Me and Melani and a bloke in a suit

So I was at the Labor Party’s Summit on Faith and Climate Change with my friend Melani Gunawardana. Just trying to see if we can maybe push pause on our headlong rush to oblivion?

Anyway, we wanted to take a selfie, and some bloke in a suit was kind enough to help us out. He ended up in the photo too, lucky him!

19 Likes

I was hoping you’d show the photo. :slight_smile: :clap:

3 Likes

Ok, I give up. For us non-Aussies… who’s the suit?

6 Likes

It’s Anthony Albanese, and his name can be pronounced in 2 ways!

4 Likes

It’s ok Bhante Khemarato, I am Australian and I still didn’t recognise Albo in the mask.

4 Likes

and new glasses! Looking good!

2 Likes

I had to do a little internet search to discover that the rabbit featured on the mask of the individual in the suit jacket and tie is the logo for the the South Sydney Rabbitohs, which Wikipedia says “are a professional Australian rugby league club based in Redfern, a suburb of inner-southern Sydney, New South Wales.”

4 Likes

Too right it is. My first residence in Sydney. Go Rabbitohs!! Albo is a long time follower. All NSW politicians have to take an interest in football, but it helps if it’s genuine. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

He said he was brought up in the triple faith of Irish Sydney: the Catholic Church, the Labor Party, and the Sydney Rabbitohs.

2 Likes

Ditto for not recognising albo. Though I’m not sure I’d recognise many pollies these days. My dog, who we named Kevin O’seven passed away at the ripe old age of 14. I am now slightly out of touch

4 Likes

They all wear suits, Bhante! (That way they’re indistinguishable).

4 Likes

All march together everybody looks the same
So there is no one you can blame
Don’t be ashamed
Light the flame
One more parade!
~
Phil Ochs, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32J8jCAMYn8