By: Bhikkhu Bodhi
Narrated by: Taradasa
Length: 57 hrs and 58 mins

The Numbered Discourses
A Translation of the Aṅguttara Nikāya
By: Bhikkhu Sujato
Narrated by: Taradasa
Length: 56 hrs and 59 mins

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Buddhism/comments/rdabt9/i_was_thrilled_to_discover_by_accident_that_the/

:anjal:

6 Likes

That’s great news! I have on Audible the Bodhi “In The Buddha’s Words,” which is excellent. Listening is a great enhancement to reading texts silently—other levels of meaning emerge. And of course it lets one turn to account hours the car or in waiting rooms.

3 Likes

Another free option is: https://www.paliaudio.com/
All the Suttas are recorded individually and I think most of the Nikayas have been recorded by now.

EDIT: I see that they are now at AN 3.70. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I didn’t know this site

Thanks for sharing!

:anjal:

1 Like

And not to forget SC-Voice or the Voice Assistant:

which @karl_lew initiated and others such as @sabbamitta have also given a lot of time to support. Just click on the audio/loudspeaker symbol next to individual suttas on SuttaCentral and you’ll see this. Uses speech synthesis software and is able to read in many languages (including Pali) and there are various choices of voices, speeds and other settings.

The Audible Audiobooks you linked to above are also rather nice. I like the voice of the narrator, Taradasa. I have tended to spend more time listening to suttas than actually reading them! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Reposting my comment from there:

For those who has no audible memberships, can get the free trial. The free trials are different for different countries. I used fr. De. Ca. Uk. and com (USA), there’s 5 other countries. Get the credits 1 for each country, and another 1 extra from wanting to quit and saying it’s too expensive. I think Amazon kept track of the Same email, so the extra credit is only available once across the countries, use the credits for dhamma audiobooks.

Also sutta nipata, theragatha, theragatha, (dhammapada, udana, etc) are available.

To make full use of the plus premium membership, best not to do all the trials at the same month. Stagger it so that you got more time to listen to the plus books (lots of good dhamma books there too including In the Buddha’s words) before having to cancel the membership.

All legal and free.

2 Likes