Please report any errors or typos!

Fixed!

1. Typo in summary section of MN84 card: ‘regharding’ instead of ‘regarding’

2. Typo in summary section of MN151 card: ‘complexision’ instead of ‘complexion’

1 Like

Thanks, these have been fixed and are awaiting being pushed to the live site.

2 Likes

@sujato
Your translation in DN 28 is not clear enough in the following paragraph. Please refer to the other translation. Are you still happy with your translation?

Your translation:
They understand a person’s stream of consciousness, unbroken on both sides, not established in either this world or the next.
Rhys Davids translation:
he goes on after that to discern the unbroken flux of human consciousness established both in this world and in another world and he goes after that to discern the unbroken flux of human consciousness as not established either in this world or in another world.

I’m not sure what is unclear?

1 Like

What is “unbroken in bothsides meaning”?

This life and the next.

I beleive this is refering to the consciousness of an Arahant.
So does the sentence make any sense?

No, it talking about the process of rebirth.

1 Like

Yest it is the third attainment.

My qestion is about the fourth attainment.
:smiley:

Sorry, my confusion! The point of the fourth case is that the arahant’s consciousness is not established either in this life or the next.

“Established” is a philosophical term meaning based in greed/hate/delusion. By being “not established” means it is not “planted” in the soil of greed/hate/delusion, so it doesn’t contain the potential for giving rise to suffering in the future.

3 Likes

Thanks.
I could not get the same explanation when I read your translation. Perhaps it is my own comprehension issue. I just thougt of pointing to you. I think this is a very important fact in understadning Dependent Origination specially in relation to the consciousness of an Arahant.

MN 29 Mahāsāropamasutta

Suttaplex card:

It should be the longer simile of the heartwood (in the sutta itself the title is correct).

#sc2.10: “If person with good eyesight saw him they’d say”
Should be: If a person with good eyesight

The same again at #sc3.14, sc8.2, sc11.2, sc14.2.

#sc7.15: “And so they become indulgent and fall into negligence regarding that accomplishment in immersion And being negligent they live in suffering.”

Full stop is lacking after immersion.

2 Likes

Typo at: SuttaCentral

“Saáčkassato Kaáč‡áč‡akujja” should read “Saáčkassa to Kaáč‡áč‡akujja”

2 Likes

Fixed!

Fixed!

Fixed!

Fixed!

Thanks all. These and some thousands of other corrections and updates are ready to go live and should be pushed through very soon.

@SarathW1 I agree the translation could be better, I will give it some thought.

5 Likes

@sujato

I am reading DN 33 and found the following description is not in Bhante Sujato’s translation.
I found the same description in Maurice Walshe translation as well.
Why?

=========
Other three species of concentration:—concentrative insight into ‘emptiness,’ ‘signlessness,’ ‘end of baneful longing.’

Thanks for pointing this out, the translation has been done, but it seems there are some bugs in the file. Let us see if we can fix it.

https://suttacentral.net/mn144/en/sujato#11.7

When there’s no coming and coming there’s no passing away and reappearing.

In this description it uses the spelling “dependant origination”. In the description of the Nidanavagga it uses the “ent” spelling. From what I can tell the “ant” is used in British English, usually for the noun, but not consistently. IMHO, it is better for search-ability if the ent spelling is used throughout.

BTW, I really had to dig to find this text on the web site. I only saw it because it is used in the auto generated ebook.

Thanks, fixed.

Also fixed.

Ahh, yes, this was a casualty of a change we made in the navigation. I’ll see if we can get it back.

I assume you know this, but just for reference, all the descriptions, aka “blurbs” are kept here:

1 Like