Report bugs for the new site here! 🐛

The number of AN3.48 is incorrect in the heading:

1 Like

Thanks so much we will look into this.

You are right, the underlying problem with the popup is the mixing of metadata with text. The best solution to this is to use “standoff properties”, where the text and markup are kept entirely separate. But this is not yet a mature technology, although we look to it with interest.

If you were interested to help with this, we would be more than delighted. At the moment we are pretty much inundated with getting things fixed! Maybe could you get back in touch with us in a few weeks? After things have settled down, you could maybe join our developers for a discussion, and see about getting a more refined approach to this specific issue.

Oops! Thanks, I’ve fixed it now, it’ll take a little time to show up.

3 Likes

Thanks for the pancakes, perfect for breakfast :slight_smile:

With the legacy.suttacentral or elsewhere, there is no problem with pali script. However, with iOS and Safari, I see the same behaviour. I installed Firefox for iOS and it omits fewer diacritics than Safari. With Firefox for macOS, the pali look fine.

Evaṃ me sutaṃ— ekaṃ samayaṃ bhagavā sāvatthiyaṃ viharati

This quote is just a test - I copied it from the MN118. I noticed that the behaviour of the Pali​ script changed a bit since yesterday, as it shows a bit more diacritics. The copied part above shows all - but just here on D&D.

1 Like

Hi, even if I didn’t find much time so far to explore it in full I love the new SuttaCentral!

Two things I noticed that may belong to this thread:

• When clicking on a sutta link in D&D like MN 2 for example the underline just disappears on clicking, and that’s it. No link to the respective sutta.
  • When on the main page, scrolling down the homepage to “What’s new in 2018” this button leads me to the actual article about what’s new in 2018. When instead clicking on “What’s new” in the menu bar at the top of the page it redirects me to D&D in a new tab (https://discourse.suttacentral.net/c/meta/updates).

Using Chrome on Ubuntu.

One more thing: It seems to take ‘ages’ for edits to show up in my post!

Another one: After clicking the “i” at the top of a sutta and reading the information about the translator, on closing that little window I get this interesting image:

After a while it disappears again.

Actually, it disappears after I have switched to another tab in my browser (like D&D here, in order to type this post), and then go back to the tab with the sutta.

And one more surprise: When scrolling a bit further down the page I still find this (another sutta this time):

To make it more fun: When scrolling up and down the page the different bits are each time changing places… :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

It doesn’t work for me. Yesterday (or was it the day before?) it worked for less than a minute, but all the popups stayed open so it was a total mess, then I reloaded the page and it never worked since, doesn’t show anything. Mac OS 10.12.6 with Firefox. Here is the settings page:

2 Likes

I have seen the problem with diacritics and umlauts in the german translations, too. Again, Firefox is fine, but Safari has a problem with the text rendering, I think. Copy and past of the text reveal, that the information is there:

Some diacritics are shown, others not. The text is rendered properly with deactivated styles (developer mode - safari).

3 Likes

Is it correct that the choice for language settings to browse the site is just English or Polish? I don’t find anything else.

1 Like

I’m having similar issues with Chrome on Ubuntu. Happens some on D&D too for me. Could be an issue with the css in the Material Design theme? When I change themes in D&D it goes away. :heart:

2 Likes

It’s obviously not happening always.

Only now when you’re mentioning it did I look into the settings for themes on D&D. I still had Legacy, now trying Material Design. So in my case it cannot have to do with Material Design theme. :orange_heart:

2 Likes

Looks great, by the way, the Material Design theme! :sunflower:

3 Likes

For me it was this:

when trying to upload a file. It went away after switching to Legacy Theme.

Strange indeed!

1 Like

For me it only happened on the main page so far. Will see if it now comes here too withe the Material Design theme…

1 Like

This is also an interesting one—when trying to select a language:

Bildschirmfoto%20vom%202018-03-10%2019-23-29

3 Likes

This is correct. This function has not yet been implemented on the new site.

This is the correct intended behavior. By clicking ‘what’s new’ you can see new discussions on the forum.

Interesting. I’ve never seen that!!!
What OS/Browser are you using? (Please also let us know which versions). Can you upgrade to a new version of your browser and does that solve the problem?

1 Like

Thank you. I have added this to the ticket for Mac issues.

Yes, this is correct. We hope to have some more UI translations over the next few years but this will take some time.

1 Like

Are you saying this is just on D&D or also on the main site?
I also use Chrome 64.0.3282.186 on Ubuntu 17.10 and no problems at all.

2 Likes

I can search now but I’m still a bit lost. Also a clear authenticity rating would help get me to dhammanusari.

1 Like