Sutta memes as images

10 Likes

I made this a few weeks ago.

7 Likes

5 Likes

Just completed the Noble Eightfold Path [Meme]. Can make it better, so comments much appreciated!

11 Likes

Beautiful photo! Where is it ?

2 Likes

10 Likes

11 Likes

“All conditioned things are impermanent” — when one sees this with wisdom, one turns away from suffering. This is the path to purification.

Dhammapada, verse 277. Translated from Pali by Acharya Buddharakkhita

10 Likes

5 Likes

I’m really no good at this sort of thing, but if anyone can think of a suitable caption to accompany this photo I’d be delighted to hear it.

Background: for several days in succession I would return from almsround to find this kitten curled up asleep in my almsbowl-stand. So a couple of days ago I went to a nearby village wat and asked if they had an old one that I could give the kitten for her personal use. This snapshot was taken minutes after I’d presented her with it.

25 Likes

Upādānapaccayā bhavo? (Existence is conditioned by clining)

Piyehi vippayogo dukkho? (Separation from what is pleasing is suffering)

5 Likes

What was the inspiration for the choice of image for the quote concerning rebirth?

1 Like

@Dhammanando this is such a lovely picture!

Wonderful, indeed, it is to subdue the mind, so difficult to subdue, ever swift, and seizing whatever it desires. A tamed mind brings happiness.

Dhammapada, verse 35. Translated from Pali by Acharya Buddharakkhita
Source: Access to Insight

6 Likes

Maybe this?

11 Likes

I thought of seizing myself initially!

Dear Bhante, I just love this photo, makes me smile. This is not a suggestion for a caption but all I could think of was “I get the gratification part, dunno what they mean by danger and escape though”. I like @Mat’s suggestion of something about metta., also @WeatherGirl’s.

4 Likes

One is not wise because one speaks much. He who is peaceable, friendly and fearless is called wise.

Dhammapada, verse 258. Translated from Pali by Acharya Buddharakkhita
Source: Access to Insight

10 Likes

11 Likes

This may well be a less serious example of Buddhist memery:

I don’t know if this ever happens to you, but something in my head is telling me that “develope” is the proper way to spell it, despite full well knowing it is “develop”.

7 Likes

I forgot to put quotation marks at the end of mine. ooppps!