Sutta memes as images

Even less serious :smile_cat:

13 Likes

My go at it:

(Btw, thank you so much for the giggles, Venerable)

14 Likes

25 Likes

[quote=“AnagarikaMichael, post:44, topic:3126, full:true”]

[/quote]Bhante, is there a vinaya rule concerning putting very cute kittens in one’s almsbowl to attract donations? :grinning:

9 Likes

Capybara Buddhism… When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.

Source: FakeBuddhaQuotes.com

7 Likes

No, I believe the Pali Vinaya has only one cat-related rule, but it doesn’t make for an especially memorable meme. :tiger:

15 Likes

@AnagarikaMichael
This is great! I am really laughing out loud. I had a kitty very much like this–“feed me”!

@Dhammanando
Very glad to hear this rule, and I bet the kitty is too. Is the other cat in the background wondering if she’ll fit in the basket too or is that the mama watching over her little one? These photos are just adorable.

2 Likes

It’s the mum, being very protective as her other three kittens were unfortunately killed by a feral dog.

4 Likes

:cry: Glad this one and her mum are okay.

3 Likes

My frist Buddha quotes meme… :smiling_imp:

8 Likes

Whatever is not yours: let go of it. Your letting go of it will be for your long-term happiness and benefit. And what is not yours?

Na Tumhaka Sutta: Not Yours (SN 35.101), translated from Pali by Thanissaro Bhikkhu.
Source: Access to Insight

6 Likes

From the Pacalāyamāna Sutta AN7.61

24 Likes

Not really a meme but here is a painting I did a little while ago that speaks to me about the development of the mind, (from mess and suffering to peace and clarity, through an often unpretty and difficult process) in meditation and practice of the path. Didn’t know where I was going through most of the process but I first sketched a draping piece of cloth (body awareness?) which provided through mindfulness a foundation for my imagination to develop rupas which slowly developed into a conscious awareness of where I was (kind of). I drew the circle then mused, then knew the piece was finished when I popped the dot in the centre. The process itself was a beautiful journey/learning experience that I made listening mostly to Bhante Sujato’s talks on youtube (between being trapped in quagmires of my own suffering) and I only slowly realised the connections to development of the mind/interconnectedness/rebirth that I (personally) see in the finished piece. Thankyou Bhante, metta to you.

20 Likes

Wow, that is really beautiful, I don’t know what to say!

3 Likes

thankyou so much!

3 Likes

via Imgflip Meme Generator

7 Likes

Image sources

Turtle: doi.org/dg7k; Teresa Zgoda & Teresa Kugler
Lotus: doi.org/dg7k; Navesh Chitrakar/Reuters

5 Likes

9 Likes

Image sources - https://www.instagram.com/p/B6LLi_FHBa9/

8 Likes