Sutta promos - visual mnemonics

Iā€™m sorry, but this is really sacrilegious. ā€œGoogle is your friendā€?

:shushing_face: Bhante, google is malicious and ubiquitous.
good morning, google!

1 Like

I altered the phrase you mentioned - but perhaps you mean the thread overall?

Just a joke about Google, thatā€™s all!

2 Likes

That :arrow_up: sparked my interest

8 Likes

Time reflecting on parts of AN3.36:

Some aspects of Buddhism are just so intuitive!

8 Likes

When I was a kid dad played a Tim Finn song ā€œThereā€™s a fraction too much frictionā€ which I had completely forgotten until it randomly popped into my head while finishing off my run at SN48.39 :smiley:

@moderators, Iā€™m aware that the uploaded file size is not nothing, but have seen people upload bigger. Let me know if itā€™s too large, I can shrinkydink to lower quality.

2 Likes

Iā€™m mentioning @helpdesk-dd for this query.

As long as the system lets you upload the file it is fine.

Identical files are only stored once, but can be referenced anytime by using the upload link in the original post like this:

![SN48_39 - fire sticks|690x355](upload://sdBsgMhbwzxeFjsvWQOoNQGFCne.jpeg)

2 Likes

A version of MN2 rough as, but sufficient for recall.

5 Likes

Soā€¦ someone asked me ā€œIf itā€™s true, can I say it?ā€ I was reminded of this sutta:

https://suttacentral.net/mn58/

Thatā€™s a bit hard to grok, so I made a flowchart. Let me know if I got it right!

1 Like

Iā€™d go with ā€œBeneficial?ā€ rather than ā€œHarmful?ā€ in the second step in order to filter out idle chatter too

2 Likes

I love it. Personally, I find the concept clear enough :zipper_mouth_face: ā€¦still working on the implementation but.

@moderators, if Bhikkhu @sujato is happy, might this thread merge with sutta-memes-as-images? I was unaware of that thread when I started; itā€™s the same general idea and already has many great memes.

Hmmā€¦ actually the choice is not ā€œYesā€ / ā€œNoā€, but ā€œHarmfulā€ / ā€œBeneficialā€. I did think of that after I posted it. But therein lies the rub: the Buddha gave many teachings that rely on complicated logic expressions.

@sujato? :))))))))))))

Iā€™ve been reflecting on AN6.85 pretty much daily for the last two years :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve updated my mnemonic many times, hereā€™s the current version:

3 Likes

Ayya @Pasanna for when we have fresh scalpels.

1 Like

No glue, no scalpel proof-of-conceptā€¦

While doing it, I remembered doing origami with my dad a very long time ago. Iā€™d completely forgotten that!

1 Like

Another prod for SÄ«tibhāvasutta AN6.85ā€¦

Ajahn Brahmali once said during a death meditation that weā€™ll quite likely be in massive pain and/or doped up to the eyeballs. Sounds legit, and so recalling high brow theories at that time seems unrealistic. Nice and simpleā€¦

1 Like

Some usually solitary rhinos (SNP 1.3) have got together for a quick chat.

2 Likes