SuttaCentral 2021: bug reports here! šŸ›

Thank you @llt :pray:
This is because sa88 has no relevant translation.
I will change it to show the root text if there is no relevant translation :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi,
Iā€™m on an iPhone 6 iOS 12.5.
The new 2021 site has stopped working for several days on my phone. Now itā€™s only a blank page on the screen suttacentral.net
Can Anyone help me out?

2 Likes

The latest iOS is 14.5. Perhaps SuttaCentral no longer supports your old version of Safari? Unfortunately thereā€™s not much you can do if so: the app store forbids third party rendering engines (and I assume your 6 is refusing iOS updates?)

The Sutta Central homepage seems to have been down for about a week? The site comes up as a blank page on my Firefox, Brave, and Chrome browsers. Not sure if anyone else is having this problem.

Itā€™s working for me. However, more than once Iā€™ve had to clear my cache when something was updated. Try clearing cache and cookies for the site.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Please keep reporting errors and typos!

I think this bug :bug: (and following posts) is rather something that belongs here. @HongDa, could you please have a look?

2 Likes

Various formatting errors in Theragatha

1. squashed icons

1. Title text and navigation links (also see image above)

1. Line breaks formatting in Thag 14.1, 15.1, 16.6, 16.7, 16.9, 17.3, 20.1, 21.1

5 Likes

minor matterā€¦

This was on 2021 MacBook Air with the latest ed of BigSur and Chrome

Also, I couldnā€™t get to ā€˜Punishmentsā€™ by clicking next. Had to go back to the menu (it does exist!).

3 Likes

The first one is probably browser/OS dependent, but the second seems not. It tries to go to a page with the URL https://suttacentral.net/an2-kammakaranavagga/en/sujatoā€”which does not exist. There does exist a page with the URL https://suttacentral.net/an2-kammakaranavagga, which is a navigation card page.

The page you want to go to is probably https://suttacentral.net/an2.1-10/en/sujato.

Maybe the algorithm gets confused with the Vagga Suttas?

I still made HongDa aware in the technical bug thread.

3 Likes

Hallo, just found a bug

Chrome Version 91.0.4472.114 (Official Build) (x86_64)
Mac OS Big Sur 11.4
Laptop

Search from the homepage says Iā€™m not connected to the Internet (I def am tho). Had to search via Google instead.

Otherwise, website looking good!

I donā€™t know whether to call this a bug or Iā€™m possibly doing something wrong, but Iā€™m noticing that when I reply directly to another person, like so:

rather than replying to the thread itself:

I donā€™t see the indicator that Iā€™m replying to that particular person, which I do see on other peopleā€™s replies:

The reply does show up in my count of ā€œMost Replied Toā€ so Discourse can tell Iā€™m replying to a particular person, itā€™s just not indicated visually. Iā€™m talking about replies where I donā€™t quote or @ the other person, so I worry itā€™s confusing to other people if thatā€™s not visually apparent.

Android 11, latest version of Brave. Thanks!

1 Like

Thatā€™s how it is if you reply to the very last post in that thread. Letā€™s say, so far A, B, and C have posted in a thread, and C has the last post. And now you want to reply to C.

In such a case, obviously, Discourse does not see a need to give a visual indicator and thinks it is clear enough that your reply (letā€™s call it D) is immediately under C.

Try to reply to A or B instead, and you should see the visual indicator.

4 Likes

Thank you so much for clarifying it, I tried to figure it out on my own and that totally hadnā€™t occurred to me! :pray:

2 Likes

Iā€™m getting some data loading errors:

Some of them in the bottom part only:

Some just donā€™t load at all:

I checked the HTML and ran it through a validator but I cannot find anything obvious that causes these errors.

UPDATE: Somewhat later it did work again but I get such data load errors quite often on html texts and am not sure what causes it.

2 Likes

I am getting the same quite often. It seems the site sometimes takes a lot of time to adjust when switching pages. Also note the discrepancies that occur between what the URL line says and what the breadcrumbs say. It seems the breadcrumbs take a much longer time to orientate themselves to find their way to a new page. (I mean, I can relate. I also have no sense of orientation ā€¦)

I know that @HongDa did already try a lot to fix it, but so far he hasnā€™t been lucky.

Perhaps this rather belongs to this thread for technical bugs. @moderators, could you move it?

3 Likes

Tagging @sujato into this message :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @HongDa

I would like to bring to your attention an issue I have been encountering when navigating across suttas when with the Portuguese language on.

The issue is encountered when I try to navigate from a sutta to the next and it seems to occur when I jump from a sutta translated by one translator to a sutta translated by another.

For example, letā€™s say I have landed at the page for AN 3.33: Sāriputtasutta, translated by me and others (suttacentral.net).

When I scroll to the bottom and click on ā€œNidanasuttaā€ at the bottom, the next sutta, I get the following error.

Note that at the address bar we now have https://suttacentral.net/an3.34/pt/null

Note that:
. For AN3.33, there is only a translation by me.
. For AN3,34 there is only a translation by Beisert.

:anjal:

2 Likes

Hey @Gabriel_L Thank for you feedback!
Iā€™ll check it :slight_smile:

1 Like