hello, i found some missing voice link in this site, please note. thank you

AN 1.41ā€“50

AN 1.51ā€“60

AN 1.61ā€“70

AN 1.82ā€“97

AN 1.98ā€“139

AN 1.198ā€“208

1 Like

I feel like Iā€™m going back a long way, is it really that long? Anyway, let me address these.

Weā€™re not hijacking default behaviors, itā€™s just doing whatever your OS thinks is best.

Yes, that should be the case, Iā€™ve opened a bug for it.

This is fixed.

Perhaps not, but a nicely spotted bugette nonetheless. And I dig the screenshots!

Iā€™m hoping this bug has cleared since then, please let me know if it has not.

Other bugs of similar sort I will also leave for now.

Yeah, itā€™s a hassle to support this kind of non-standard usage. Itā€™s so brittle. This is discussed in an upcoming prject, if you have ideas please add them there:

Indeed. I am still pondering options. In the long term, yes, this would be the ideal, and I would recommend maintaining links to verse numbers for the Dhammapada.

Vatthus are headings, and all headings take a zeroth number. (When you took the screenshot, the headings werenā€™t displaying properly, this was a separate bug that has since been fixed.)

This is already on the 2-do list: Correct links in Index pages Ā· Issue #1168 Ā· suttacentral/suttacentral Ā· GitHub

Ahh, not sure what to do about this ATM, sorry. But there may be some good news on the Disctionary front, so stay tuned!

Sorry, this is a function of the hyphenation algorithms or lack thereof. Weā€™ll revisit our implementation, meanwhile please upvote adding language alias to CSS:

This seems to be fixed now.

Hmm, Iā€™ll fix it.

As for the title issue, I made a bug report for that yesterday as it happens.

It looks like the errors in the footer are probably the same bug.

More soon!

3 Likes

Huh, I must have messed this up when I changed our verse formatting. Iā€™ve fixed it now.

Oh, there was a missed placeholder in the files, I have fixed this and a few other instances.

Oh, right. Hmm, looks like the prev/next algorithm is broken in these cases. Iā€™ll make a bugfix report.

Weā€™ve addressed these problems and I believe they are fixed. I think it was caused by the way JS was loaded.

It now doesnā€™t show an error, but it takes you to the Pali text. It should show a translation by default. Iā€™ll file a bugfix.

Thereā€™s a reference project in the pipeline, weā€™re getting to it.

Oh thank you. It seems the Voice links are per-sutta, so it gets tripped up when we have a bunch of suttas in the vagga.

Iā€™ll make an issue for it.

1 Like

This is a problem around the history interface I think. There is one problem with Chrome and there is an additional problem with Firefox (Iā€™ve only checked those two browsers on Windows 10).

The back button behaviour is a bit unexpected.

In Chrome - If Iā€™ve scrolled some way down a page such as suttacentral.net/mn and then click to go to (for example) suttacentral.net/mn9/en/sujato. If I then press the back button, it goes to the top of the previous page instead of where I had just come from (a bit down the page).

In Firefox - The same problem appears as in Chrome, but Iā€™m also forced to press the button twice.

1 Like

Dear @stu Thank you for feedback!
This is related to the recent update and I will be looking for ways to fix it.

1 Like

Hey @stu, The issue has been fixed and has been released to the server.

Tip: A hard refresh of your browser is required to get the latest version.

1 Like

I think it is fixed. I did not get this problem for some time any more.

Thank you for your answers!

Therigatha Chapter 4 currently only has one sutta! Using Chrome on Linux or Windows.

1 Like

Thatā€™s because there is only one set of verses there. :disappointed:

3 Likes

OOPs, I was sure there were other fours. Sorry! Turns out the sutta I was looking for was in the threesā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m curious if this has made any progress. Iā€™m trying to link to/display verse numbers but I still donā€™t see a way. Is there something Iā€™m missing?

2 Likes

Hi - on Chrome Version 96.0.4664.110 (Official Build) (64-bit) Win 11 from SuttaCentral Iā€™m seeing blank pages for a few DHP links like SuttaCentral & SuttaCentral etc.
With Metta,
Bob

Thx @bheckel Bob, This sutta needs to be accessed from the following link :

2 Likes

Thanks, I can access them directly! It may be naive but can I volunteer to edit the page with the broken links (SuttaCentral) in github or is there more to it?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Make us happy: tell us about our mistakes, errors, and typos

Hi Bob, welcome to the forum!

Dhammapada links are a bit special, because canonical links only exist for each vagga in the collection, not for each verse.

If you follow the link to Dhammapada you will see that all verses from 1ā€“20 are collected under the same link, which points to the Yamakavagga, verses 21ā€“32 point to Appamādavagga and so on.

This is a design choice (single verse on a page would break the text flow more and would thus be less friendly for reading than one vagga per page).

@HongDa perhaps there might be some magic which would redirect manually entered links like /dhp7 to the correct canonical link /dhp1-20?

3 Likes

Voice has such a magic, and so do EBT-Sites like Dhammaregen. You enter any number of a so called ā€œvagga suttaā€ into the search field, and you get the correct vagga. I remember a discussion that SuttaCentral would also want to make something similar, but I donā€™t know when ā€¦ Itā€™s probably a question of priority, as there are many issues to solve and few people to do it.

3 Likes

I have also discovered the magic šŸ§™šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø and added it into a citation lookup app I just shared. https://sutta.readingfaithfully.org/

If you enter dhp184 it will give you the link https://suttacentral.net/dhp179-196/en/sujato#dhp184:1 (as well as direct links to translations on other sites.

However I donā€™t know if this id system is officially supported, meaning that it will be around for the long term. If the links did get updated on the index pages mentioned, at least they would fail gracefully if the ids stopped working.

2 Likes

When I try to click on member/user names or profile picture to see their profile, some work and some donā€™t. Some just very briefly twitch the screen. This has been going on for a week or two.

Iā€™m using Safari 15.2 and I also tried Chrome and Firefox.

Thatā€™s really a @helpdesk-dd issue. The thread is really for problems on the main site, I believe.

2 Likes