SuttaCentral: bug reports

Not so sure about this!!!

&

3 Likes

Try a hard refresh or clearing cache. Search has been updated recently.

2 Likes

I have tried hard refreshing and even changing another browser. Reporting same problem as @Gillian:

2 Likes

@hongda ? Any idea?

1 Like

No luck. :crying_cat_face:
Tried Chrome and Safari.

1 Like

Sorry, it hasn’t been re-indexed since posting the data yesterday,
I just finished indexing and should be back to normal now :pray:

4 Likes

After another refresh it works.
Thank you.

2 Likes

Bhante @Sujato, the footnotes in the MN epub aren’t working. When I click in the ebook reader, nothing happens. When I open the file in Sigil, it says that the endnotes file doesn’t exist:

The notes work fine in DN and Snp. I wonder if since the notes in the MN are newish there was some step that got missed.

I tried to check what was happening in the MN PDF, but I’m getting a page not found error when trying to download it. Takes me to this page: https://github.com/suttacentral/editions/raw/main/en/sujato/mn/paperback/Middle-Discourses-sujato-2023-10-16.zip I’ve done a hard refresh. Is this maybe an issue for @HongDa ?

2 Likes

Link has been updated :pray:

2 Likes

On Android FireFox. Looks correct on Android Chrome. Problem with the yellow brick road counters.

118.2.0 (Build #2015978993), 53f9c3da80+
GV: 118.0.2-20231009140911
AS: 118.0

OK, I realize that this is a very minor thing, but I’ve noticed that the logo used on the main website is an svg and sometimes is sometimes rendered slightly incorrectly. This is in Firefox.

In the past I have opened up the file in Inkscape and seen that the way it is constructed is through a variety of overlapping shapes. That would explain that thin black diamond line you see in the image above.

Here it is in Chrome:

Not as drastic as the previous image, but you can see how the diagonally pointing petals have yellow lines at their tips.

I think someone who knows Adobe Illustrator or Inkscape should be able to create an identical logo that is actually built from the lines that make up the logo.

The sutta title snippet is so short as to be useless. Usually on mobile buttons like this will flex to be in a column instead of a row. This is how I did it on suttafriends.org:

If it has to be laid out in one row, then just drop the title and keep “previous” and “next”.

This is mobile Firefox. But it looks the same on chrome.

2 Likes

I have made a new logo in SVG format:

Below is PNG version:

4 Likes

Oh wow! That’s great. And it’s smaller than the existing one. I hope that could be adopted.

2 Likes

I have improved it to look sharper in version 2 here:

I am not sure which one is more preferred though.

5 Likes

For some reason in Bilara suttas, in the license section the translator names are links to the home page:

It’s that way for Ven. Sabbamitta and Ven. Sekha as well.

2 Likes

In the Vinaya, Pali words that occur in the text have a much smaller font, so that they are actually difficult to read. I have never seen such a thing in a Sutta text.

Here it’s the names of various sorts of grass, further down it’s names of towns and rivers.

A user who isn’t fluent in Pali might find a Pali word more difficult to read, compared to the main language of the text, so a smaller font will make it even more difficult.

This is both on staging and production. Not sure if this is intentional?

How are you viewing that page? This is what I see:

Could you have some custom css going on? I notice your segment numbers are to the left.

1 Like

Not to my knowledge. I view it in Firefox (latest version) on an Ubuntu OS. My settings in SC “views” are simply that I have ticked “main” for the references and “sidenotes” for annotations and variants. And of course, as you can see, “line by line” for bilingual mode.

I don’t remember ever having seen it in a different way.

1 Like

Is it only the Pali English Vinaya texts and no other texts? How about viewing side by side?

Strange that it is the same on staging and production.

1 Like