SuttaCentral Voice v1.0.0 Released 😍

Most of the words I reported are minor and not deruptive except the number reading. I still report what ever I think not correct just for the record and mention whether it is minor or major.

3 Likes

error

2 Likes

We cannot train a robot to be perfect. That training will always miss. And even if we get it right it will be obsolete the next day. The robots of today are dead to life and never change. That is their one value, that they do not change. That invariance is also their downfall and ultimate failure.

Instead of perfection, our goal is to transmit the Dhamma to those who cannot read. With the sharing of that understanding in the hearing, our job is sufficient. Yet even with such understanding, we all seek a transparency, an absence of idiosyncracy that would otherwise veil, twist or bias our hearing and understanding. Such idiosyncracies arise in all voices, human or robot.

Please continue reporting as you see fit. Our resources are limited and we will do what we can, prioritizing understanding over the elimination of idiosyncracy.

Thank you all for your mindfulness and attention to detail. :pray:

7 Likes

Low priority feature request.

Would love to listen to translations of Saṃyuktāgama (1st) and Saṃyuktāgama (2nd) on SCV :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

We follow in the footsteps of the segmented texts as they appear on SuttaCentral itself. It is quite the wonder to see the translations appear “hot off the press”. I would love to hear those as well.

3 Likes

In fact, I would think of it as a massive, massive gain, but as Karl has indicated, primarily SCV deals with segmented texts. It is for this very reason that I made this comment over in the other thread.

3 Likes

If I search say “DN” can I get the list in numerical order? DN1, DN2 etc
Less priority.

3 Likes

That’s actually a bug. I never thought to test that. Thank you. :white_check_mark:
Added to Release Plan.

The workaround is to search for “DN1-36”

4 Likes

:open_mouth: There’ve been a couple of new discoveries?! :wink:

3 Likes

Is it possible to have more than 50 search results.
Just a matter of interest at this stage.

2 Likes

Erm. Yes. It was recently up to 25 and I bumped it to 50 last release. It slows down processing to go too higher.

How much higher did you need to go?

1 Like

Do not worry at this stage.

2 Likes

I just wanted to thank you all for doing marvellous work here. I like the download function. I opened the downloaded MP3 sutta files in Audacity and edited to make little excerpts for memorising verses in Pali and English. Very useful. Thank you and sadhu sadhu sadhu.

8 Likes

AN 10 doesn’t seem to be indexing properly (am I saying this correctly?)

If I search for an10.1-50, I get this:

For an10.50-100, I get

4 Likes

Oops! I’ve added this to the ReleasePlan as a bug. :white_check_mark: Thank you!

4 Likes

Karl, for some reason it doesn’t show in the RP.

1 Like

Oops. It was indeed still stuck on my machine. Should be there now! Thank you.

1 Like

:white_check_mark:

2 Likes

SuttaCentral v1.1.3 release at UTC22:35 (~5m) COMPLETED

The release notes include changes for both v1.1.3 as well as v1.1.2.

Many thanks to:

Other notes:

• Although features and bug fixes have been released, look for more content as it arrives on SuttaCentral itself in the coming days.
  • Also note that the SCV sound cache was cleared, so there will be delays as sounds are re-generated as needed.
9 Likes

D&D needs to get new emojis (or I need to explore more): :anjal: and :bowing_woman: just doesn’t cut it!
Humble thanks, Karl.
:heart:

5 Likes