Teachings on parenting

Hello everyone,

I am looking for dhamma teachings (audio, video, articles, books, suttas, anything) which touch on the subject of parenting, if anyone knows of any I would greatly appreciate if you could share it with me.

Thank you.
:pray:

3 Likes

Hi enometis,

These talks might be of interest. As I recall, more about education than parenting, but certainly to do with young people.

2 Likes

Here are a few things I’ve collected -

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11E9yWp2AoJKyY3UX-Y1woJHcr90f-nEm

Though it’s mostly about Buddhism for Children… Maybe something there is helpful tho :relaxed:

2 Likes

Oh, I also really enjoyed this interview on the Wisdom Podcast

1 Like

Thank you i want to teach my kids Dhamma. Are there other ressources you know of for kids? They wre addicted to Youtube so i was hoping there may exist some spiritual cartoons etc?

1 Like

The Thai Wat in San Francisco has a series of cartoons retelling various Jatakas:

Thank you all for your responses, much appreciated :pray:. I am looking forward to studying them.

A good friend of mine pointed me towards a book which can be helpful, ‘Buddhism for Mothers’. Even if you are a father like myself it is still very helpful and covers a whole array of parenting issues and situations from a buddhist perspective.

I will admit i havent read it cover to cover but what i have read has been good.

Its available from Amazon as well.

:pray:

1 Like

Thanks a lot @Buddho93 :pray:

1 Like