Translated the preceding sentence of "The Savanampahaṃ"

Yep, that’ll do it. Discourse, like SuttaCentral, is built for the future, and requires a modern browser, IE10 at least for full functionality.

thank so much Shivan. I just sent you a private message (I think!)

1 Like

Bhante, He he, my computer is definitely not forward-thnking. It’s having enough trouble with the idea of sandiṭṭhika :slight_smile:

I know, I really need to ‘upgrade’… just don’t like having to ‘trash’ (of course recycle what I can) and use resources & spend money on a new one when mine still works for the very basics (and I don’t do much more than that!)… But I certainlyneed to be able to use sutta central :smile:

If you, or someone you know, has some know-how, you can upgrade to a current lightweight version of Linux, like Lubuntu. Even on an old machine, your computer will be fast, secure, virus-free, and you will always have the most up-to-date software.

The catch? There is a big downside: if everyone does this, big, rich corporations will make less money and a culture of dana will prevail.

3 Likes

Last week I installed SC app on my android cell, but it’s not working, was wondering if you’re looking forward to Mobile platform ?

Thanks Bhante. Unfortunately that’s not me with the know-how, so I need to see if I can find and enlist a tech-savvy friend. But I totally agree, what a great ‘down-side’…

That app was just a quick and dirty project by someone trying to help, there is no official SC app. It is something we have talked about and is part of our long term plans. Perhaps in 2016…

Ohh I see, thanks Bhante that will be very nice…

If I can learn to meet with you and your teaching will think it will be a great help in my life.

Unfortunately, I can not speak English do not understand English.

I just use the English dictionary and Google translator.

Thank you for your compassion and care.

Hi Brenna.

Hi Linda.