Triple Bhikkhuni Ordination šŸ˜

Samaneris Kathrin VimalaƱāį¹‡Ä«, Kosalla Vipassini, and Pārāyanā SirÄ« will be ordained as Bhikkhunis tomorrow, 17th of March 2018, at Dharma Vijaya Buddhist Vihara in California.

Their preceptor is Ayya Gunasari, one of the worldā€™s very few Burmese Bhikkhunis, and the monks from Dharma Vijaya Buddhist Vihara kindly support the ordination from the Bhikkhusā€™ side.

Quite a few of our D&D friends will be present on the occasionā€”I unfortunately canā€™t, but am sending greetings and congratulations and many good wishes from afar!

:monastic: :monastic: :monastic:

:bouquet: :sunny: :hibiscus: :butterfly: :fish: :heart:

42 Likes

Yeah!!! Hoorah!!!

This is such happy news.

Best of luck to all the new Bhikkhunis, may their path be a joyous, happy, peaceful one. :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Sadhu sadhhuu sadhuuuu!

This news brings gladness to my heart.

15 Likes

Sadhu! Sadhu! Sadhu! :nun: = :sunny:

16 Likes

Mahāmuditā
Sādhu! Sādhu! Sādhu!
:pray::bouquet::orange_heart:

16 Likes

Sadhu sadhu sadhu! :nun: :dharmawheel:

11 Likes

Best wishes to all involved!

:lotus::monastic::lotus:

10 Likes

I am unable to attend, but am delighted. May the practice of these persons bring happiness, peace, inspiration, and ultimately liberation to many beings! Thank you, for choosing the Holy Life as established by Buddha!

9 Likes

Uploadingā€¦

23 Likes

Here they are. With Ayya Vimala. Tea-time. Iā€™ll upload more pictures tomorrow after the ceremonial procedures.

11 Likes

Thanks Hector!

5 Likes

I am so close, but unfortunately wonā€™t make it out there.
Congratulations and Sadhu to all the new bhikkhunis!

7 Likes

Thanks everyone for your good wishes, and Hector for the picā€”even Ayya Gunasari in the background! :grin:

7 Likes

27 Likes

Cara. Ayya Vimala. Brenna.
Before the bhikkuni ordination.

17 Likes

Thatā€™s great, thank you so much Hector!

5 Likes

Sadhu! Sadhu! Sadhu! Ayya @vimalanyani Bhikkhuni has been ordained on the side of the Bhikkhuni sangha just now!

27 Likes

new bhikkhunis!

31 Likes

Thatā€™s so great! Thank you so much everybody for posting these pictures! Itā€™s almost like being present! Not quite, but almost! :heart:

Sadhu! Sadhu! Sadhu! to the newly ordained Bhikkhunis!

:anjal: :anjal: :anjal:

:bhikkhuni: :bhikkhuni: :bhikkhuni:

16 Likes

Congratulations to everyone involved, especially the three new bhikkhunis! May they all make great strides towards the ending of all suffering in this lifetime! :anjal: Great to see all this (good day for the sangha and making it just a bit more four-fold again).

P.S. must compliment the photographer(s?) also ā€“ very nice photos! :wink:

12 Likes