Wallpapers and memes

2 Likes

Hi Sumana,
I think it is worth considering contributing to this already existing thread/topic:

1 Like

Yes, I will do so if the meme I will have created were a sutta quotation, but since this one is not, I did not deem it fit to be in that thread. This one is for non-sutta memes and also for wallpapers.

And of course it is for all to contribute!

Thank you, gnlaera!

1 Like

I just finished the final version of this wallpaper. I hope you will like it!

It was great fun making it (in Photoshop), and after many versions, I settled on this one. It has several layers, including the Buddha image, the Dhammacakka, the Buddhist flag, a barely noticeable photo of a dramatic orange sky (intentionally made low opacity), a couple of other layers for greater effect, and the text itself (which I also wrote myself).

I now enter a one-month retreat so will be offline during that time.

:relaxed:

With best wishes,
Stephen

2 Likes

upekkha
upekkha?

3 Likes

metta
metta?
snp1.8

5 Likes

MN 21

Mendicants, there are these five ways in which others might criticize you. Their speech may be timely or untimely, true or false, gentle or harsh, beneficial or harmful, from a heart of love or from secret hate. When others criticize you, they may do so in any of these ways. If that happens, you should train like this: ‘Our minds will remain unaffected. We will blurt out no bad words. We will remain full of compassion, with a heart of love and no secret hate. We will meditate spreading a heart of love to that person. And with them as a basis, we will meditate spreading a heart full of love to everyone in the world—abundant, expansive, limitless, free of enmity and ill will.’ That’s how you should train.

6 Likes

1 Like

3 Likes