We're live!

SuttaCentral website relaunches with new translation of Pali Nikayas – Lion’s Roar

5 Likes

We are working on improving search results.

Try the little dropdown V next to the settings-menu in the page itself. There you will find a list with all translations. … reading a bit further. I saw you found it :smile: :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Yes thank you. The new site is much much better. Heck I might even learn Pali with the line by line Pali to English translation. Amazing and smart!

4 Likes

Done!

1 Like

Which model? :grinning: love Thinkpads

Reporting: new site looks fine on Brave mobile browser (a somewhat popular alternative browser built on chromium with integrated ad/tracker-blocking) [v1.0.42 on Android 8.1.0].

For those who haven’t gotten the PWA as an “icon”/app on their mobile homescreen yet: try clearing your cache and navigating to suttacentral.net, when the page fully loads a little “pop-up” should appear at the bottom asking if you’d like to add suttacentral to your homescreen.
(note: this is just the skin of the site, the suttas, etc. are the bulk of the content and have to be downloaded (currently a bit buggy)… that’s my understanding at this point at least).

1 Like

I find it hard to navigate the site. From the homepage it took me a few minutes of clicking around until I noticed the 3 bars on the top left hand corner leading to the Nikayas. And I also gave up trying to find the link to the Forum I had to go to google to find it. Please put the links clearly visible.

Also I can’t find the english translation to the Therigatha anymore I was reading it yesterday but can’t find them today.

And I can’t find the button to post this message. OMG , where is the Send button?

2 Likes

Sorry to hear you had some difficulties getting used to the new design.

This link is on the top right of every page in the toolbar and looks like this:
Screenshot%20from%202018-03-21%2017-31-38

We never had an English translation to the Therigatha but we are working on adding it. Are you sure it was not the Theragatha?
You can find this under Sutta → Minor → Khuddaka Nikāya → Theragatha. Once you have the list of suttas like the below, you can see the English translation marked in green under the name of the translator: Sujato.

By the looks of it your found it. But if you find this new Theme for the Forum difficult, you can revert back to the old one by going to your preferences → Interface, change to Legacy theme and Save.

3 Likes

No response from the dev, but I figured out a workaround. Holding down right click disables the smooth scrolling and allows scrolling through the sidebar via regular non-smooth scrolling. I think it’s a feature of the extension.

1 Like