Buddha 🐱 Beings

Where’s Cooper in this photo? Anyone sharp-eyed enough to find the big fluffy brown, tan & black cat in this photo taken through the kitchen window of Charlotte Buddhist Vihara?

10 Likes

(And no, the odd animal like shape marching along the edge of the windowsill isn’t him, it’s just an old leaf)

4 Likes

I think it is sitting on top of the Chimney.

8 Likes

Whoa. Good catch!! I expected at least a couple hours or maybe even a day to pass b4 anyone caught sight of him.

5 Likes

How did the kitty get all the way up there, Ayya? I put my glasses on and everything but was still looking on the ground.

6 Likes

My neighbor told me one time that he’d been seeing a cat on his roof, and that’s how I first noticed Cooper up there, to my shock. I think he gets there by leaping onto a low-roofed shed attached to the back of that house; whatever the method, he can be beside me in the backyard then chilling on that roof just seconds later.

7 Likes

Here’s the reason why we no longer need to prune the beans that reach the top of our fence. Meet Mrs Possum and her hungry baby, our cute nightly visitors.

15 Likes

that cat reminds me of this cat:

4 Likes

Six little ladies saved from euthanasia at a University lab

Emily Brontë, Robin Hood, Helen Keller, Loki, Billy Wallace, and Mary Scurrie.

New members of our little family

21 Likes

Happy retirement in safety :bouquet::heart_eyes::mouse2::rat:

8 Likes

Friday afternoons I volunteer at the SPCA socializing cats. It’s a chance for the gregarious cats to get some pets and play time, and the timid cats to have some positive experiences with humans. And for me it’s a period of pure Metta.

This is one of the gregarious guys, who after a couple of weeks has moved on from pets to sitting in my lap.

And here is one of the timid ones. I spent 15 minutes sitting still and doing slow blinks at him before he came out for some scritches and a bite to eat.
image0

16 Likes

Truly this is a dream job… There is STILL a distinct lack of cats at Lokanta Vihara!!!

But meanwhile I borrow friends pets for little walks when I can - here’s Tilly:

And a fluffy puppy I met

18 Likes

The kitchen guardian. :lizard::white_heart:

12 Likes

Here’s a lizard on my porch who either has amazing survival skills or is just exudes metta:

13 Likes

With the weather warming, our cat Drusilla has re-planted herself from flower pot to garden.

16 Likes

Rat Nirvana. I’d like to thank my wife for having the vision to design and build up this living space. Now these critters who were destined for an early grave can live the best of lives.

Bonus: how many little rats can you find in this picture (we have six)?

If you’d like to, raise awareness about rodents and rats and how special of an animal they are. Instead of watching Netflix, my wife and I watch these little monsters. They’re so active!!!

Many rats are used in lab settings under terrible conditions. Contact your local university if you have the desire and means to save a handful of these critters.

Typically, they’re used in experiments and then euthanized after they’ve been studied. It’s a senseless practice that is unethical in many ways.

Of course, without rats, we might not have many of the life saving medicines we do now - especially when it comes to cancer (I believe that is the case).

Nonetheless, wrong livelihood is wrong livelihood. Killing beings is not condoned under the Buddha’s teachings. Saving these beings is an extremely rewarding effort.

Love and Metta,

Chris

13 Likes

Can’t see a single one. :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy:

I can see three but that’s it

Where are they? at the top right, two on the log, one in it
6 Likes

I’m pretty sure I can see four and I suspect that a fifth is there too, obscured by a leaf.

2 Likes

:pray:t4:

Rodents, rabbits,apes, dogs, cats… list goes on…
I hope they put an end to experiments in animals/vivisection.

11 Likes