SuttaCentral

Haiku: your biggest pet peeve about Buddhism

haiku
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fc4577bc870>

@Rosie I’ve also found the likes very ‘addictive’. I find it’s nice to give them, but receiving them without conceit is difficult! Sadhu for your honesty :slightly_smiling_face:

=D what i especially like about your poem is word play between beagle and bagel; whether consciously intended or a gift from auto correct or creative spelling, it just delighted me. Because… well, something like this?:
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSr5x8UoWa1_WnNJGdIx2myixVT2j4VE-2v2992lKrBOWPHnA

Indeed the Ego is ever present ready to demand attention. It is interesting though that a web site dedicated to the Buddhist principle of non-self would concurrently seem to celebrate the self with a ‘Like’ button. :confused:

And in ironic conclusion…Thanks, with Metta! :sunglasses:

Well, I was doubtful about the spelling, even as I wrote it.
English is not my mother tongue.
But in a haiku, some waywardness may be welcome.

Anyhow, the delicious eatable delicacy, is not exactly “emptiness”.
It is the hole in it, that contributes to philosophy. … not the whole!

by the way: it was the first haiku I ever wrote, in the last 70 years.

Thank you for posting the beagle with the two bagles!

Can you write the musical notation and someone can play and sing it and become a country music dhamma-star. A good Dhamma outreach for the sensitive new-age cowboys. I would like to see a meditating cowboy at home on the range and eating vegan burgers and camping under the stars singing your song on youtube. I know the guy for the job!

Someone read a book.
Please, guiding meditator,
Don’t tell me to think!

long day, aching thoughts
long await, final release
good solutions, are hard to come by
emptiness. blowing. steam

with metta

Assumed air of peace
sleeves of Dharma waved about
the vessel is full

mindless mendicants:

“the end
justifies
the means.”

the “means” is the end.

a e i o u
damn; stupid logical mind
it cannot haiku.

Okay so I know that I may qualify as pedantic, but some of youse don’t know or care that:

hai·ku
/ˈhīˌko͞o/
noun

1. a Japanese poem of seventeen syllables, in three lines of five, seven, and five, traditionally evoking images of the natural world.

So here’s mine

I can’t do Haiku
Maybe you don’t know how too
Haiku make you blue?