Let me illustrate the Theravada cosmological object fitting current scientific knowledge. & and also consistent across the various suttas.
- Buddha power range for the voice: Milky way (Galaxy)
- Disciple power range for the voice: 1000x solar system
Taking in cosideration
- Not every star have earth like habitable planet
- Milky Way contains between 100 and 400 billion stars
- There could be as many as 40 billion Earth-sized planets orbiting in the habitable zones of Sun-like stars and red dwarfs within the Milky Way.
- Cosmological distances of heavenly realms
SUTTA AS COSMOLOGY GUIDE:
AN 3.80 Abhibhū
Translation by Bhikkhu Bodhi
Then the Venerable Ānanda approached the Blessed One … … and said to him:
“Bhante, in the presence of the Blessed One I heard this; in his presence I learned this: ‘Abhibhū, a disciple of the Blessed One Sikhī, while staying in the brahmā world, conveyed his voice throughout a thousandfold world system.’
How far, Bhante, can the Blessed One, the Arahant, the Perfectly Enlightened One convey his voice?”
“He was a disciple, Ānanda. The Tathāgatas are immeasurable.”
A second time the …
A third time …
“Have you heard, Ānanda, about a thousandfold minor world system?”
“It is the time for this, Blessed One. It is the time for this, Fortunate One. The Blessed One should speak. Having heard this from the Blessed One, the bhikkhus will retain it in mind.”
“Well then, Ānanda, listen and attend closely. I will speak.”
“Yes, Bhante,” the Venerable Ānanda replied. The Blessed One said this:
(1) “A thousand times the world in which the sun and moon revolve and light up the quarters with their brightness is called a thousandfold minor world system. In that thousandfold world system there are a thousand moons, a thousand suns, a thousand Sinerus king of mountains, a thousand Jambudīpas, a thousand Aparagoyānas, a thousand Uttarakurus, a thousand Pubbavidehas, and a thousand four great oceans; a thousand four great kings, a thousand [heavens] of devas [ruled by] the four great kings, a thousand Tāvatiṃsa [heavens], a thousand Yāma [heavens], a thousand Tusita [heavens], a thousand [heavens] of devas who delight in creation, a thousand [heavens] of devas who control what is created by others, a thousand brahmā worlds.
(2) “A world that is a thousand times a thousandfold minor world system is called a thousand-to-the-second-power middling world system.
(3) A world that is a thousand times a thousand-to-the-second-power middling world system is called a thousand-to-the-third-power great world system. Ānanda, the Tathāgata can convey his voice as far as he wants in a thousand-to-the-third-power great world system.”
“But in what way, Bhante, can the Tathāgata convey his voice as far as he wants in a thousand-to-the-third-power great world system?”
“Here, Ānanda, the Tathāgata suffuses with his radiance a thousand-to-the-third-power great world system. When those beings perceive that light, then the Tathāgata projects his voice and makes them hear its sound. It is in such a way, Ānanda, that the Tathāgata can convey his voice as far as he wants in a thousand-to-the-third-power great world system.”
When this was said, the Venerable Ānanda said to the Blessed One: “It is my good fortune! I am very fortunate that my Teacher is so powerful and mighty.”…