John Kelly Pali course 2023: Warder lesson 15a

Yes… you have to enter the room number and passcode… don’t use the link.

1 Like

Hi - I don’t know how to join the meeting, since I don’t have an account so I can’t sign in, and I don’t have the client, I use the browser.

Is there a URL I can enter where I can put in the meeting ID and password?

Edit: I tried Join Meeting | Zoom and entered the Meeting ID, but there is no link to allow me to “join from a browser”

My apology for including the old link along with the new Zoom room number above. I didn’t realise it was a link, I thought it was mere decoration!

Sorry. :pray:

you have to manually enter the room number and passcode

Download the Zoom app first.

you can access through this link

1 Like

Is there a way that doesn’t require that? I do not like installing apps made by a Chinese owned company on my computer. Or, actually, made by anyone I don’t particularly trust. @sujato said at the beginning that one should not require an app to use zoom - the browser was fine.

Ok thanks everyone I figured it out, I have to click Launch Meeting and then the browser link appears!

1 Like

Yes, these powerful Sanskrit descriptive terms are used by grammarians sometimes.
For example, see the wiki on ‘bahuvrihi’ (bahubbihi in Pali).

The connection between bahuvrihi and Synecdoche (an ancient Greek term borrowed and used in English) is an interesting one.

Maybe we’ll speak about ekphrasis next! :grinning:

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: John Kelly Pali course 2023: lesson 15b

Thanks again for keeping the class going, John. Incredibly grateful that you are taking this on :pray::pray::pray:

Saw the “recording session” activated this morning - was that you or one of the students? Would love a copy if possible

2 Likes

Gratitude from me as well. I didn’t ask any question as last week was a very hectic week — mum just arrived last Thursday and had a big translation assignment to deliver to a client…

Next Tuesday… Hope you will not mind if there are a few questions from Victoria :smiley:

1 Like

You’re welcome, @Karuna_Hong . I did record the session and @Gillian did too, and that’s the most important thing since she is a moderator on SC and has the power to post that recording somewhere available to the class, which I don’t. I’ll leave that in her capable hands.

3 Likes

More questions are fine any time, @Dheerayupa. I don’t always get much time to answer the questions right away, so I am very grateful to others on this thread, like @stephen for one, who jump in and answer them. That’s very helpful!

2 Likes

John, I hope you will continue to do the class in the nights ( Syd time). mornings will not suit me due to work commitments.

2 Likes

Hello Nihal. Don’t worry, this class will stay on Tuesday evenings (Australian time) and is not changing to a morning time.

Some time next year, I plan to start a new separate Pāli class, starting from the beginning of Warder in an Australian morning time slot, so that some people in different time zones (in particular, the Americas) can attend more easily.

4 Likes

Thank you John. Hopefully I would be able to join it as well.

1 Like

Do you have an idea of a day and a time yet for the classes next year?