Māgadhabhāsā (Pāḷi) – A Compendious Grammar on the Language of Pāḷi Buddhism (Second Edition, Revised)

May your Pāḷi studies progress with ease and help you attain nibbāna. If you’d like to receive a free copy of the Māgadhabhāsā (Pāḷi) grammar (now in its second, already revised, edition), please let me know your name and address, and we’ll try to send it over to you free of charge (depends on the availability of funds if we can send it or not). It will be published by Inward Path, Malaysia.

In the past, I had already asked if someone would be interested to receive a copy, but due to unpredictable circumstances (often beyond my control) the printing of the book was delayed, hence no books were dispatched. Now, I am collecting addresses so that the shipping costs can be tailored in.

With mettā 2u!
Ṭhānuttamo

P.s. The “Bhikkhu” as the author still reflects that virtually all content was finalized being a bhikkhu, not an anāgārika.

15 Likes

Could you tell us the name of the author?

I suggest the book should indicate clearly who is/are the author/s.

There are no plans to reveal the identity of the author on the book cover. “A.” stands for “anonymous.” Singular “Bhikkhu” indicates that it is a single author.

2 Likes

Thank you so very much for this and all your hard work @Thanuttamo. Very much appreciated! I downloaded from academia.edu, so those precious funds of yours can be kept to assist more precious things than me.

3 Likes

No problem, we would try sending a physical copy over if there are enough and if you like. The revised edition isn’t online yet, but I plant to share it later.

4 Likes

Thank you so much. I like that you intentionally gathered together valuable things that can otherwise only be found spread around here and there. And the way you organized it so people can go to sections to assist with present goals while advising us to keep in mind what broader goals we may have and how your work as a whole is to be assistive with that.

If you don’t mind, I may end up doing something like directing a hard copy to my supervisor as a gift. She has a very great reach and would be able to appreciate the gesture. If that would be fine, let me check on exactly her office address at Simon Fraser to send it to her. And we can take it from there.

3 Likes

Very well; I would be glad! Thank you for the feedback too. The book, in fact, also contains material not found elsewhere so goes beyond a compendium, actually.

2 Likes

Would it be easier to have a PDF. Then there is no shipping costs.

1 Like

Sure, it will also be available as a PDF, but we offer also physical copies since it may be the preferable option in some circumstances (libraries, personal preference etc.).

3 Likes

If it not too much trouble can I get a physical copy too.

I tried my hands learning Pali couple of times but gave up early.

My mother knows Pali well. If not for me it might be useful to her.

1 Like

Sure, just let me know your address, and we will happily try to send it over, for your or your mother’s use. :slight_smile:

Blessings on the publication! I too would be happy just for the PDF link when available.

1 Like

Nice work and nice wish.

1 Like

Can you please send me a PDF via DM. I will share it with the community and see if this is something we want for our libraries.

2 Likes

Hi!

Where and how can I send you the information you need? Do you have an email address?

With mettā,
Rutty

1 Like

Click on his name above his message and a window will open. Then click on “Message” at the top right of this window, and you will be able to send him a confidiential personal message with you details in it.

2 Likes

I enjoy using the pdf of the original version, so - if possible - could you sent me the revised edition by PM?

Thank you. And many sadhus to you for disseminating A. Bhikkhu’s work.

1 Like

Thank you, I already sent a private message.

1 Like

It’s an incredible piece of work, congratulations.

3 Likes

Wrote your address down! :+1:

Thank you, bhante, for the feedback. I am very grateful for your pointing out the flaws of the first edition relating to typography; it made a big difference. :pray:

1 Like