SuttaCentral 2021: bug reports here! šŸ›

Is Bilara still under development? I get this loading status when logging in with my GitHub account

2 Likes

Bilara is actually working; this is just a momentary (so I hope) bug that occurred yesterday. The relevant people to fix it have been notified. Thanks for noting!

2 Likes

see the comma that starts the second line. Win10, Firefox, fwiw

ā€œCopy Citeā€? I guess it would have to be ā€œCopy Citationā€ and that may take up too much space.

Not a big fan of the dashed uderline. Is there some hidden meaning behind it?

3 Likes

Also the first line: the problem is the whitespace between Dictionary and the comma.

I think they mean ā€œCiteā€ as in the verb: ā€œPlease cite my workā€?

is much more sesible on my device:

thanks for pointing out the table of contents, as that finally gives me the repro for my missing title bug:

https://imgur.com/gallery/buEjJaj

4 Likes

fyi, minor stuffā€¦

4 Likes

Hi Clay. As Hongda pointed out, thatā€™s the old version, let us know if the new version works!

Meanwhile, also with running locally, Iā€™d suggest try again running master locally. If there are problems with pulling the Bilara data, perhaps itā€™ll be easiest just to nuke the whole thing and start again. We were having issues with this yesterday (due to a massive amount of changes that I introduced) but itā€™s working fine now.

Itā€™s back up now! I think it probably staggered when I made 20,000 something changes to the data. (Actually itā€™s not as dramatic as it sounds: I moved counters and some other textual indicators from the plain text to HTML metadata.)

Ugh, this was caused by a wrong setting on our code linter, fixed now.

Indeed.

Itā€™s a bug on Firefox. It works fine on Chrome. Since itā€™s just a web standard, weā€™ll patiently put up with it until Mozilla fixes it.

Ahh right, yes, I just noticed this too:

Sorry, I donā€™t understand the problem here.

3 Likes

I think he means that clicking on the vagga title in the breadcrumbs takes him to the Sutras index? It also does this for me but then a split second later takes me to the vagga, so perhaps this second redirect isnā€™t working for him?

1 Like

I feel stink now for being so trivial :smile:.

Yes, I attempted to say that the hyperlinks in green each take me to where they indicate; those shown in red rectangles do not - they take me almost all the way back to the trailhead. I only found those three, usually theyā€™re good. I omitted to mention I am currently Win10, Chrome.

I :sparkling_heart: :100: the new site so far btw for multiple reasons.

2 Likes

Ahh, I see now! Yes, this is a bug, and please donā€™t be shy about mentioning it! This is, I believe, the most deeply nested point in the whole canon, and it seems we didnā€™t allow for this.

3 Likes

From a misplaced post.

ā€¦ just a couple of problems. First, perhaps due to an overload on the servers, the Pali Language search is not working for me on the new site, and, second, the language of the Concise Pali English Dictionary, but not the New Pali English Dictionary, seems to be chosen at random.

David.

1 Like

When I enable ā€œReferenceā€ numbers on Ajahn Brahmaliā€™s Vinaya translation, the page shifts over to the left so itā€™s partially off-screen:

4 Likes

Dear Bhante, just letting you know the indexes are still not showing links. Iā€™m not sure if you ā€˜fixedā€™ it yet or not :slight_smile:

Hi all,
Great work indeed.
One issue. I tried to download the ePub files in the download area for the Sutta Piį¹­aka and the file when open gives an error message
Maybe I do something wrong? I downloaded before the previous versions with no problem.
Thanks for any help
Gabri.

3 Likes

I get an error before it even lets me download!

Till its working again, you can download them here, although they wonā€™t be as up to date as the ones on SC. There are also Pali-Eng versions:

1 Like

I had problems but theyā€™re fixed. They were caused and solved by my having to delete my browser caches ā€“ thatā€™s an ā€œadvancedā€ operation which a user shouldnā€™t have to ā€“ IMO a developer should be able to fix that, see my posts here and here for details.

1 Like

I played around with the css and it seems that this is what is causing the problem:
text-underline-offset: 0.05em;

When you change it to the value 0.06 then it looks correct. So maybe itā€™s not a compliance issue, but rather just putting the underline too close to the text? To me, the underline looks just fine when it is at the default underline value, so Iā€™m not sure why itā€™s necessary to set it in the first place. But just wanted you to know that you are only 1/100th of an em away from looking fine on FireFox.

Just because I was really curious, I decided to zoom in to see what was going on. It looks like a, b, e, and o all drop slightly lower that the other letters. I think this is the problem.

dropletters

I noticed that the underline looks fine on the titles of the navigation cards. But I canā€™t figure out how to inspect those.

4 Likes

If you want to keep track, hereā€™s progress on issues since launch. These are all live on staging. We expect to refresh production on a weekly basis going forward.

Yes, sorry, the EPUBs havenā€™t been updated. Unfortunately the pipeline they rely on still uses the old text format, so this will be some time before it works properly.

Meanwhile @snowbird will hopefully make EPUBs of the new translations, and weā€™ll link to them in time.

Youā€™re absolutely right, we will look into this.

Lol ok, Iā€™ll look into it.

5 Likes

Dear Bhante, sorry to be troublesome. It looks like you have closed the issue as fixed. Having cleared caches (win10/chrome) and had another look, the links on the indexes are still missing. :pray:

At your Dhamma serviceā€¦

More on the way. Stay tuned.

5 Likes

I get " Error 404

Could not find the sutta text." on