SuttaCentral Voice v1.0.0 Released šŸ˜

DN1
It appears the pronounciation of ā€œreariseā€ is incorrect. eg: in the section 3.1.1 eternalism

In addition the text have symbol of less than and greate than in few places.

2 Likes

Fixed for v1.1 :heavy_check_mark: Thank you!

(the lessthan/greaterthan signs are a known bug to be fixed later)

3 Likes

:fire::fire::fire:

The latest release of Chrome has disabled my crosh terminal. Basically, I canā€™t code because all my code is accessed via the crosh terminal.

I have no ETA. Worst case is I would have to buy a new laptop and restore my development environment. Iā€™d rather not do that since I love my Chromebook.

Nobody else has reported this problem so I am a bit adrift for the moment.

:cry:

Well. I guess itā€™s a good time to goā€¦meditate. :rofl:

5 Likes

Iā€™m guessing this also affects adding SSLā€¦?

2 Likes

Yes. I never went to meditate (too annoyed by CROSH). So I bashed my head on the Internet and found a way back to my code. Iā€™ll continue work with SSL, but my dev environment is a bit wonky at present.

4 Likes

Huh, that is a step up from my go to ā€˜fixā€™ (bashing the computer).

All due reverence for your perseverance. :clap::grinning:
All due sympathy for your pains. :frowning_face:

7 Likes

ā€¦ and the best of luck for your endeavors! :four_leaf_clover:

5 Likes

I posted the following question on DW on 30/08/13.
Since that I have lot of loving kindness for my car and the computer.

https://dhammawheel.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=18448&p=259181&hilit=

4 Likes

Thanks so much for sharing this. I was just being silly in my comment above, but some of the post in this thread you linked to are really helpful to me just now. Thanks again. :anjal:

3 Likes

I do love my car and my computer too, because they serve me so well. But at some point I had to call my car Anicca because of its unreliabilityā€”and later on my computer was named Anicca II. :heart: :tired_face:

But Iā€™m still using both of them, and amazingly enough the anicca quality also proves impermanent and unreliable to some degreeā€¦ :grin:

5 Likes

And Ven. Bodhiā€™s note:

MA: When thoughts of sensual desire arise directed towards living beings, the ā€œother signā€ is the meditation on foulness (see MN 10.10); when the thoughts are directed to inanimate things, the ā€œother signā€ is attention to impermanence . When thoughts of hate arise directed towards living beings, the ā€œother signā€ is the meditation on loving-kindness; when they are directed to inanimate things, the ā€œother signā€ is attention to the elements (see MN 10.12) . The remedy for thoughts connected with delusion is living under a teacher, studying the Dhamma, inquiring into its meaning, listening to the Dhamma, and inquiring into causes.

4 Likes

Thanks, fantastic!

1 Like

:rofl: that is the funniest thing I have heard today. Thank you!

2 Likes

Release v1.1.1 of SuttaCentral Voice at UTC2030 ~3min COMPLETED

This release will test out SSL.
If the release fails we will rollback to existing.

OK we are in a neither good nor bad place.
DANGER DANGER DANGER WILL ROBINSON

The new URL is https://50.18.90.151/scv/
The old HTTP url does NOT work.

Unfortunately, neither does voice.suttacentral.net

3 Likes

DN 14 - 2 of 2
Few places
eg: 60000 read as ā€œsixty oooā€

4 Likes

But really, thatā€™s what it was. When I wanted to go somewhere I never knew whether it would start or not; and while driving it suddenly started beeping all the time, showing some alarms and error messages, and the garage didnā€™t find the problem for months!

Once I had to drive a senior Ajahn, and I said to him: ā€œAjahn, two things can happen: Either this car takes us safely to our destination, or it will teach us another deep lesson on anicca.ā€ He was happy with whichever would happen. :grin:

4 Likes

:bowing_woman: :pray:

From Firefox:

Your connection is not secure

The owner of 50.18.90.151 has configured their web site improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this web site.

Learn moreā€¦

Report errors like this to help Mozilla identify and block malicious sites

Under their Advanced section:

50.18.90.151 uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown. The server might not be sending the appropriate intermediate certificates. An additional root certificate may need to be imported. The certificate is only valid for the following names: *.voice.suttacentral.net, voice.suttacentral.net Error code: SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER

2 Likes

yes. this is ugly. simply wade through all the warnings, clicking Advanced and go to the site anyway.

I think we need to leave it this way to allow @Blake to debug.

@Blake, the https://voice.suttacentral.net link is still broken even though HTTPS is up and running with the SSL certs you sent me. You can verify that SSL is working by trying:

https://50.18.90.151/scv/index.html

The SSL warning happens because DNS is broken. Help!

Apologies to all. We need to get SSL working and this is a bit of a mess right now.

2 Likes

Oh yes, Iā€™m familiar enough with that, just wanted to forward in case it helps.

Excellent, I was going to suggest the same thing!

2 Likes

Iā€™ve considered launching a plain HTTP server to maintain functionality, but unfortunately that combination is untested and likely to fail.

I shall consider myself ā€œon-callā€ as @Blake requires.

2 Likes