SuttaCentral Voice v1.0.0 Released šŸ˜

Those are quite large!
Added to release plan. :white_check_mark: Thank you!

2 Likes

What about this?

2 Likes

Yes. That is there.

3 Likes

DN 20.8.1
It appears ā€œVessamittāā€ pronounced incorrectly.

2 Likes

:pray: On the list. :white_check_mark:

2 Likes

DN20.10.5
is this ā€œrid of rebirthā€ pronounciation correct?

1 Like

? :thinking:

DN 20 SC 10.5 reads: ā€œCandano kāmaseį¹­į¹­ho ca,ā€”And Candana and Kāmaseį¹­į¹­ha,ā€

I canā€™t see any rebirth hereā€¦

1 Like

DN 21
Is ā€œbowsā€ pronounced correctly?

2 Likes

Can you please be a bit more precise about the place where to find ā€œbowsā€, SarathW1? DN 21 is quite a long suttaā€¦

1 Like

There are two pronunciations of bows. One is what we do to the Buddha. One is what we shoot arrows with. They are homographs. Unfortunately, the AI isnā€™t good enough to tell the difference.:cry:

We can force one particular pronunciation, but that would make the other one always wrong.

4 Likes

Just today Iā€™ve learned that in Pali pronunciation only the length of the syllables is important. There is no such thing as emphasis, or it doesnā€™t matter.

3 Likes

@sujato Bhante do you have a plan to record Sutta in real human voice such as Frank.
https://www.audtip.org/

2 Likes

See here

2 Likes

Working on it as we speak.

The critical problem is how to segment the audio file, as Karl does for the computer voices on SCV. This is now a solved problem using aeneas.

This solution, however, will not apply to any legacy translations, as the text is not segmented. So we shall have to create a new set of readings based on my translations, and subsequently, any other translations based on the same segmenting.

Iā€™ve been very fortunate to work here in Sydney with a supporter name of Michael, who works in the AV field. We are setting up a system for recording sutta readings. Still some technical bugs to figure out!

9 Likes

Is there anything that you have not thought about as yet Bhante?
:relaxed:

2 Likes

DN22.13.5

ā€œill will in themā€
Please check.

1 Like

DN 24.1.8.10
It appears ā€œKālakaƱjasā€ pronounced incorrectly.

1 Like

You are incredibly quick in going through the whole Digha Nikaya! Thanks for that! I will check and add to the list as soon as Iā€™ll get around to it.

1 Like

I am trying to beat Bhante @sujato
:joy:

1 Like

DN24.1.18.20
ā€œshamelessā€

DN24.2.9.6
Is this translation ā€œtigerā€ correct?.

1 Like