SuttaCentral Voice v1.0.0 Released šŸ˜

Actually THIS might explain that one, I always use the home button to get to examples.

2 Likes

:open_mouth:

OK. So maybe we need to rein in Home a bit to only clear the search string?

3 Likes

Nope, sorry, it wasnā€™t that. I changed my settings while on the home page, but hitting examples wiped them out: whatā€™s the best way of demonstrating this for you if you canā€™t reproduce?

That sounds great!

1 Like

Is there any intrinsic value to the defaults? If so, then maybe thereā€™d be a case for adding a restore defaults option on the settings page, otherwise, Iā€™d be inclined to say that people are well able to change their preferences as they like and save them until they want to change them again.

2 Likes

OK. Iā€™ll delete that code to restore default. Letā€™s fly with that. Will you update the RP?

I have a Windows computer somewhere. Iā€™ll try FF.

2 Likes

Sir, yes, sir! :smile:

This is true for me in FF, but just now Iā€™ve been testing in Chrome (although, yes, on a Linux OS).

2 Likes

Thanks! Iā€™ve marked the Home thing as fixed.

The disappearing cookies are more puzzlingā€¦

2 Likes

Hmmm, and now it gets even more puzzlingā€¦ I flipped back over to FF, this time when I hit examples the settings were retained.

Let me go back to my original test of seeing what happens with a reboot. Back soon.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve just seen the flaw in my testing plan. I left the tabs open, and it was already previously the case (before v1) that I could bookmark a page to keep my settings. Unfortunately, I donā€™t recall what I did this morning when I booted up, but I can certainly say thereā€™s a reasonable chance I might have somehow travelled through ā€œHomeā€ which weā€™ve already accounted for.

With respect to ā€œExamplesā€, I did a blank search to get access to the examples feature and in both FF and Chrome my settings were saved.

I know itā€™s horribly unconventional, but really eager to test that the preferences cookies are working properly, could I tempt you into just releasing an update now?

2 Likes

Please try the newly updated staging server.

2 Likes

Why do they they have to in the first place?

2 Likes

:heart_eyes: Will do!

1 Like

As settings evolve, one can set oneā€™s settings to a customized underworld (ā€œhellā€). In these cases, the standard solution is to click ā€œClearā€ to get back what everyone else has. Itā€™s a desperate solution to a sadly common occurrence.

2 Likes

So far, so beautiful! Thank you so much! :anjal:

4 Likes

So maybe everyone was hitting Home and I wasnā€™t? :thinking:

Wow! :open_mouth:

4 Likes

So what weā€™ve learned about Karl today: he doesnā€™t turn off his computer and he doesnā€™t go home. :laughing:

4 Likes

Home is where the :heart: is.

4 Likes

It surely is, it surely is. :anjal:

3 Likes

Shall I release v1.0.1 as is or get the rest of the stuff done as well?

3 Likes

To me while in a way theyā€™re small, I think theyā€™re also significant improvements, and it might be nice for anyone coming new to SCV right now to have the smoothest experience. If youā€™re happy to, Iā€™d push these now, the other two items can happily wait and will bear some temporal readjustment.

2 Likes