Wanted đŸ•”ïžâ€â™€ : Translator for SC-Voice interface

I have just updated on GIthub file.
Lines 121, 135, 216 and 219 didn’t have Japanese, so I translated those parts.
This information might be useful for other translators to see where the new terms are.

3 Likes

Thank you, Kaz! :pray:

3 Likes

Icelandic file updated.

4 Likes

Hi Erlend,

I’ve just seen your translation of the SC-Voice user-interface into Norwegian. Thanks for doing this!

Do you mind if I make a small suggestion?

Instead of:

Dedikert til mÞrket pÄ vei mot lyset

I would suggest something along the following lines:

Dedikert til dem i mÞrket pÄ vei mot lyset

6 Likes

Thank you, Ajahn Brahali, for your suggestion! As far as my Norwegian goes (with the help of Google translate) this makes a lot of sense. :grin: But of course I leave the expert judgement to @erlendne!

This sentence is both a dedication to those with week eyes and a search term for suttas. In the Voice interface, this link is clickable and will make Voice search for suttas that have this phrase (within the scope of segmented translations which for Norwegian at the moment there are none). If one day there is a consistent translation of the canon there should be three results for that phrase. In that case the term on the website may have to be adapted to any wording this hypothetical translator chooses for it.

Until this is the case I should perhaps do a review of all language.ts files to make sure that, although the website shows the term in the localized language, Voice will search for the phrase in English as long as we don’t have segmented translations in that language. Otherwise there won’t be the expected results.

3 Likes

Thanks to you both. I agree with yourself and Ajahn Brahmali. He is a little better in Pali than me :face_with_monocle:
Just updated the github-file.

7 Likes

Thank you! :pray:

My goodness, Discourse now requires at least 20 characters for a pot, so just saying “thank you” is not enough

5 Likes

To those who did also translate the Voice Wiki Home page:

@Gabriel_L @Kaz @Wheatfield

Could you please give me the following in your language?

• “Acknowledgements”
  • “Please click here”

Thank you!

4 Likes

“CrĂ©ditos / Agradecimentos”
“Clique aqui por favor”

4 Likes

Any of them is good?

1 Like

Please have both. I changed the second to “Agradecimentos”
The idea is to have a wide range Portuguese speakers able to understand it.

3 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes

Edited, thanks! :grinning:

4 Likes

Files checked. :anjal:

3 Likes

èŹèŸž

ここをクăƒȘックしど例さい。

Sorry for the delay, Sabbamitta. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Japanese Wiki is updated, thanks!

2 Likes

Thank you! Sadhu :anjal:

2 Likes

Dear Anagarika Sabbamitta,

Checked the french page and it all seem good.
As for the terms,

• “Remerciements"
  • “Veuillez cliquer ici"

Sorry for the delay !
This should do for the french,
With metta,
Sean

3 Likes

TrĂšs bien, merci!

Voilà le Wiki français actualisé. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you all for your translations. I believe the latest version of Voice on staging has all your edits. If you see any issues or haven’t yet posted your translations, please let us know. We will be releasing as early as Monday if we may.

https://54.67.25.233/scv/index.html#/sutta

:pray:

2 Likes