Discussion for Bilara users

Hi @carmi or bhante @sujato
Would it be possible to include in Bilara text segments for the blurbs of AN7.85 onwards, until the end of the AN7?
Currently, the list available to me ends at AN7.84.
I would like to add blurbs for AN7.85 - AN7.618-644
:anjal:

2 Likes

I may have missed some dev notes or updates (I will check) but all of a sudden, Bilara seems to work flawlessly on iPad (using safari). I am not even sure why I tried to use it on my iPad because it was not at all possible earlier. I just wanted to share this. Whoever did whatever, it is incredibly convenient!
:pray::pray:

3 Likes

Thank you Ayya @sabbamitta I’ve updated the spreadsheet and created an issue on github so we don’t forget :pray:

1 Like

Thanks @Gabriel_L I’ve captured your request in this github issue :pray:

2 Likes

I think we need to have a github issues weekend hackathon to close a few! :wink: :pray:

3 Likes

Thank you, @carmi. I am still going to continue with the “simile” page, adding broken links to my above list; this will be the first step for a fix for this one.

The other indexes may then be done by someone else. :smiling_face:

1 Like

Dear Bilarists,

Just a comment here on chapter names. Up until now, I have been inconsistent in whether I included the word “Chapter” in the names of chapters (vagga). So the Ānandavagga might have been “With Ānanda” or “The Chapter with Ānanda”.

I’ve decided to standardize on the latter form, and always include the word “chapter” in chapter titles. Why?

• For screen-readers, it makes it more clear
  • for books: sometimes book software wants to add “Chapter XYX” to the Chapter heading, so we have to be consistent on whether we want this or not. Better to require less magic in downstream software.

This is not a requirement, as you have to decide what works best in your language. But as a recommendation, where possible, translate the word vagga in titles.

4 Likes

Bhante @sujato, you have added AN 4.106 to the English translations, which makes sense. Could it also be added to Bilara so that other translators could do a similar thing?

Adding: Maybe @carmi can add AN 4.106 to all translation projects that include the AN Fours? It’s a ghost sutta! :ghost:

1 Like

Happy to help with this Ayya @sabbamitta. Bhante added the root AN 4.106 file to the bilara-data repository 15 months ago. AN projects that have been created since then display the root file in Bilara but earlier projects like yours and Gabriel’s don’t.

Bhante @sujato I wonder if the issue of the Bilara UI not refreshing in these cases can be fixed, or if there’s a workaround I can apply like deleting and re-entering the sutta project in _project.json?

1 Like

That sounds scary to me—would that not make all my work get lost? :scream_cat:

1 Like

Don’t worry Ayya, I wouldn’t try a workaround without testing it first :smiley: Let’s see what Bhante and Blake recommend :pray:

1 Like

The ghost of the sutta is haunting us! :ghost: :ghost:

1 Like